Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures: Digital Camera

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are the pictures posted on this forum taken with a digital camera or scaned? If anyone know's the "In's and Out's" of these new digital's I would love to here about them.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Mark, the pictures that I have posted and the ones on my web site are taken with a Sony Mavica FD-88 digital camera - I used to take pictures and sometimes I would even get them developed - with digital, I can immediately see the results.[p]Check out the link below - all pictures were digital.

[ul][li]Gfw's Website[/ul]
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Mark,[p]I have done both digital and scanned photos. A digcam is definitely the way to go, especially with any of the Sony Mavicas. Your images are immediately available on floppy disk and ready to be uploaded to a web server. My recommendation would be to shoot your pics at the highest resolution your camera will support and then use any piece of image editing software to knock the res down to 72 dpi (the most your monitor can handle). This makes for the smallest possible image file which still looks just as good on the screen and substantially speeds up downloads to those who chose to see your images.[p]K~G[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    KennyG, I am drooling over that new Sony Mavica 93 model..Wow! [p]What a lens set up! Clicks in at $1K. I think I will stay window shopping!
    C~W

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Gfw, For us dummies, say I've got a Mavica in my hand and have just taken a photo; can you walk me thru how I add this to a post to the forum? Thanks.

• Gfw
    Options
    Frozen Chosen, unfortunately its not quite that simple - Unles I'm mistaken, you have to have your own webspace location to upload the picture. The post contains a hyperlink to the picture. If you right click on the picture and loof at the properties, you'll see the actual image location. For example, the images that I post are filed at http://yyyz.net/bge/images [p]One alternative might be to pick up some free webspace (MSN, Yahoo, and several others as well as your ISP) upload your pictures to that site. There is a lot of free software capable of doing the upload. [p][p]

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Gfw, Thanks; unfortunately, I have no idea what your are talking about. Guess I'll be content to stay with the written word, or take a course in computers and the net..

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]I understand. In the mean time, snail mail me a photo of your smiling face with maybe Patti in the picture also. I'll be happy to scan and post it. All your fans want to meet you!![p]K~G

• Gfw
    Options
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />You can’t upload pictures to the BGE Forum. You must have your own space on the web called a website. [p]Step #1 - Most ISPs [Internet Service Providers] offer free web space in addition to dial-in access and e-mail. This is step 1 – find a place on the web that you can call your own. My place on the web is http://yyyz.net Tim M’s place on the web is http://www.c21virginia.com/ebay/bbq.htm These are typically referred to a URL – they are the public address in English.[p]Step #2 - Talk to your ISP and ask how you move information from your computer to your website which will be on their computer. Typically they will either give you free or shareware type software to upload information – pictures are one form of information that can be placed on a website. I use FrontPage 2000 from Microsoft to construct the pages and move the pictures to my website. I don’t know what Tim uses.[p]Step #3 – Once the pictures are posted, you point to the picture in the last line of the message box. For example the URL http://yyyz.net/bge/images/S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg[p]If you right click on the picture and ask for properties, it will give you the address or URL – hope this helps.[p][p]
  • Gfw
    Options
    FrozenChosen, forgot to mention - read my previous message - if that doesn't make sence, you could just email me a copy of your picture and I'll post it and send you the link. Thats how Ranger 1 posted his Mexican Meatload picture. Have a great evening!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Mark,
    E-mail me if I can help you[p]Tim M
    chef1.gif

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Gfw,Thanks! I will give it a try.