Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THE Chicken

Options
One recipe hat I have always had on my bucket list was "The Chicken" from the Naked Whiz site. Interesting cooking process as you coat the pieces with flour before cooking and then let it steep in a thin sauce for 30-60 minutes wrapped in foil. I followed the recipe pretty much exact. You cook raised, indirect for 90 minutes and then add the sauce and wrap. Pretty simple. The recipe also has you cook a pan of vegetables underneath the chicken. Here are some pics.

Coated in flour and just going on the Large. I had some bone-in breasts so that's what I used but you can also do a spatchcock as well.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Finished cooking and after wrapped in foil with the sauce.

Plated with some buttered noodles and the vegetables.

The flavor was really good although I think I will use less chili powder next time. I thought that the chili flavor was a little overpowering. Also, on the vegetables, I didn't think they were anything special. I'm thinking that since I only used breasts, I didn't get as much juice to baste them. I used small potatoes, portabella mushrooms, poblano pepper and red onion and mixed with some DizzyPig Shakin' The Tree. They weren't bad, just nothing exceptional. I would definitely do them again and see if I can do a better job next time.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments