Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Competition Ribs Class in Northern California

Options
grussem
grussem Posts: 120
Hey Everyone,

I went to a competition ribs class yesterday in Santa Clara that was excellent.  If anyone else is in the Northern California area I highly suggest you stop by Eggs By The Bay and take one of Smitty's ( @smittythesmoker ) classes.  I learned a lot about smoking ribs and the BGE (everything from where to light the egg, to over smoking etc...) that I had not previously known.  Everyone there from staff to other classmates were friendly and the food was outstanding (the beans with the leftover pork from the cuts of spare ribs especially).  Anyhow I just thought I'd give a shout out to Smitty and Eggs By The Bay and thank him for the excellent class.  I am definitely going to sign up for more.  If you're in NorCal stop by his store as there is everything and anything you can possibly want for the BGE.

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I am happy you enjoyed our class, thank you for nice words. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. The food looks great.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    grussem said:
    Hey Everyone,

I went to a competition ribs class yesterday in Santa Clara that was excellent.  If anyone else is in the Northern California area I highly suggest you stop by Eggs By The Bay and take one of Smitty's ( @smittythesmoker ) classes.  I learned a lot about smoking ribs and the BGE (everything from where to light the egg, to over smoking etc...) that I had not previously known.  Everyone there from staff to other classmates were friendly and the food was outstanding (the beans with the leftover pork from the cuts of spare ribs especially).  Anyhow I just thought I'd give a shout out to Smitty and Eggs By The Bay and thank him for the excellent class.  I am definitely going to sign up for more.  If you're in NorCal stop by his store as there is everything and anything you can possibly want for the BGE.

C'mon Darry, I see at least 2 things wrong with that presentation box.....illegal garnish and not enough pieces in that box (or basket). What kind of rules do you play by in Cali. ;)
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options

Ah, it just dawned upon me that you were the gentleman wearing the Couture jersey.  Glad you enjoyed the food ... and go Sharks!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • grussem
    grussem Posts: 120
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:

Ah, it just dawned upon me that you were the gentleman wearing the Couture jersey.  Glad you enjoyed the food ... and go Sharks!

Yup! That was me :-) GO SHARKS!