Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnt Ends Question

Options
Making some burnt ends tonight along with a brisket I smoked yesterday.  I know typically you're supposed to use the point for burnt ends, but have any of you ever tried making it out of the flat?  Any luck?  I'd like to preserve the point for the standard brisket slices and use the flat for burnt ends, but not sure whether that's a good move.  
Southern California

Comments

• jrj3rd
    jrj3rd Posts: 17
    Options
    My wife likes burnt ends better than slices so we always use some of the flat to make burnt ends.

1 LBGE - 1 KettlePizza - 1 seldom used Weber Summit

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I would think that burnt ends from the flat would be too dry?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

The point makes WAY better burnt ends because of the texture, so I would try to make some of both cuts and see how they compare.

Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    I did some last weekend out of both the point (half) and the leftover flat...Both were great...I didnt notice much difference between them.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...