Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unattended Cooking (Do you go to sleep or leave your house with BGE on deck?)

2»

Comments

• I have a large in a nest and when I do a low and slow it is with the guru installed sandwiched between the screen and the slider. It takes some effort to install it that way, and no way it can fall out. The top vent is barely open. Unless the egg decides to spontaneously disintegrate, or someone tampers with it, or is damaged by a falling tree limb, or gets knocked over by a bear, or a one-in-a-billion meteor strike then it should be fine.
    Gittin' there...
  • Here's a pic

Did one of those two in the nests start that?
    Gittin' there...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I have a large in a nest and when I do a low and slow it is with the guru installed sandwiched between the screen and the slider. It takes some effort to install it that way, and no way it can fall out. The top vent is barely open. Unless the egg decides to spontaneously disintegrate, or someone tampers with it, or is damaged by a falling tree limb, or gets knocked over by a bear, or a one-in-a-billion meteor strike then it should be fine.
    Ya never know...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    ...man that Big Steel Keg is starting to look better!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited March 2014
    I've seen that happen in a table where the hole was too tight to allow for expansion. That was a questionable design choice not to support the bottom on the mini.
    I have a large in a nest and when I do a low and slow it is with the guru installed sandwiched between the screen and the slider. It takes some effort to install it that way, and no way it can fall out. The top vent is barely open. Unless the egg decides to spontaneously disintegrate, or someone tampers with it, or is damaged by a falling tree limb, or gets knocked over by a bear, or a one-in-a-billion meteor strike then it should be fine.
    Ya never know...

Gittin' there...
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Here's a pic

Did one of those two in the nests start that?
    No the gasser on the right side started it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    No WAY.... i do all night drunk
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• jmcnutt5
    jmcnutt5 Posts: 88
    Ya never know...

What was you using to support this mini?
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That stand used to come with the mini, but they have since changed the design.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    I'm in the better to be safe than sorry camp.
    My egg table is metal, it won't burn.
    My table sits on a concrete patio, it won't burn.
    Yet I make it a point to stay home during the entire cook and I've never cooked a meat so large I had to let it run during the night while I sleep.
    Call me paranoid if you must, but playing it safe with fire is the only way for me.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• jmcnutt5
    jmcnutt5 Posts: 88
    @SmokeyPitt‌ Thanks, I did not know that. That must have been in my pre-egging days.
  • I haven't done any overnight cooks and now am paranoid about doing one!
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE