Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to put together an Eggfest

Options

I went to the Salado Eggfest and learned a lot and have already tried some of the cooks, and improved on some of mine!

One of my local dealers does a demo twice a year to highlight and promoe the egg and what it can do, and has a few people cook and talk about their Eggs, but I know there are some people in and around me that have Eggs and I am sure they would love to have a get together (even though it won't be as good as Salado!)

What would we need to do to get a bigger and better gathering going?

Large, soon to have another size TBD

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Have a look at this recent thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Find a venue to hold it ( NO not the dealers parking lot). You don't need a dealer/distributor just to get people to bring own Eggs and spend the day cooking togather. Lots of Eggers would do this if the right venue. Hell, Spring Chicken has had two and Lawn Ranger in their back yards that were a ball.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If your dealer is already doing something small see if he'll expand it with you eggheads spear heading it. I wish I had that opportunity.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN