Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The new "mancave"

I tried to find the thread with the theme above, but I overlooked it or cant find it. I was in mid renovation when the OP was put up so now I am posting my "mancave"

SWMBO and I planned and designed the entire layout and picked all colors and schemes.

The pic with nothing in it is for the pool table, that will be coming soon enough.

Now we just have to add a few pictures etc, ( we have what we want just need to find homes for them on the walls)

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sweet! If ever do one I'm putting a urinal in too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

I always said if I won the lottery I wanted to put one in. When I mentioned it to SWMBO she was like "yeah we should". Sometimes I think I already won the lottery.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    I don't know about the lottery but I'm pretty sure you won at life!!!  Nice work - looks amazing.  Needs more beer or BBQ though (jk).  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Audio details, please.   :-bd

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• hondabbq
    Botch said:
    Audio details, please.   :-bd

When the bar fridge is out of beer I yell at my wife upstairs to bring down some more.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2014
    Wow...that is beautiful.  Holy piss you actually have a urinal!    

One suggestion- I would add some black out curtains on the windows.  You need the option of going "full cave mode" so you can pass out on the couch and sleep until noon. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• hondabbq

The audio is as follows:

My wife and I prefer the simplistic and sleek lines and opted away from the traditional 5.1 system

For the media area We will be running a Sonos Playbar and Sub. I will also be installing 2x Play1's in the ceiling above the theater seating. This will be going through a Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" (LC-70LE757U) which has pass through capabilities so 5.1 will not be an issue. The Sonos does not decode DTS but having it run through a PS4 and setting up the audio settings on the PS4 and with the tv settings and the pass through, it will be decoded. It took me weeks to make sure the set up would work with the Sonos system. From hearing it in a large store, it will be super in an enclosed space.

Seeing as this is an ICF foundation, I have also prewired for a traditional 5.1 sound system. All the lines are terminated in the wall unit with connectors in place and run up into the ceiling for a potential projector and electricity is there as well.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Sonos is awesome. Good job man. You win! @cazzy photos will work nice there
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• hondabbq

@grege345 Cazzy photos?

You want me to put up pics of Cazzy?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Just keep wearing your diaper. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Nothing says mancave like a wall mount urinal. Nice set up and thanks for sharing.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JGoodson
    JGoodson Posts: 55
    Very nice set up. Love the clean lines and look you have.

I have the Sonos play bar , Sub and ( 2 ) Play:1 speakers set up in my media room and it absolutely rocks! The clarity from the Play Bar is second to none! In addition the user interface for Sonos is incredible. We installed Sonos throughout the home and  Patio.as well . We couldnt be more pleased.

Enjoy!
    McDonough,Ga   Large & Small BGE  Dawgs, Falcons and Bravos!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I've never seen a urinal in a house before. Holy cow.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Very Nice job. You will enjoy that for years to come. 
    Large, small, and a mini
  • LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Wow, that's 9 kinds of badass. Good job
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Wow, that is a fantastic set up! What is that on the wall above the sofa? Can't make it out. And the urinal.....wow!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    hondabbq said:

@grege345 Cazzy photos?

You want me to put up pics of Cazzy?

I hope not!  :P

He's likely talking about one of my pics from my BBQ tour....likely this one in particular.

BTW...your man cave is pretty awesome.  My next house was going to have a theater room...might have to do a combo.  Urinal was a nice damn touch.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Careful what you wish for.  My buddy has one and the floor and wall around said urinal are constant maintenance.  Guys are pigs!!

Mike  

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • hondabbq
    gpsegg said:

Wow, that is a fantastic set up! What is that on the wall above the sofa? Can't make it out. And the urinal.....wow!

It's a 70" fireplace. It's wrapped in black quartzite so it sparkles with the LED back lights on. It rotates through 14 colors it can be locked in to one specific color. The total dimensions of the stone are 12x4.
  • hondabbq
    Ready for fireplace install.

Picture of the radius wall by the bathroom door
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Is the urinal and toilet over carpet or concrete? I can't tell in the pics. If the former, that's a recipe for disaster. 

Also, I'd consider tiling behind the urinal. Bowhunr is right, men are pigs.
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    is the fire place wood or gas fired?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Really nice cave honda!!  I'm green with envy!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Extremely nice!!! I got my basement finished but its not complete. I havent decide on the flooring yet. I may go with wood like you. I have a spot for my pool table as well. I had my contractor install the plug for the hanging light. You ave a beautiful set-up. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Is the urinal and toilet over carpet or concrete? I can't tell in the pics. If the former, that's a recipe for disaster. 

My guess is stained concrete.  Otherwise, it will become pee-stained carpet :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

My guess is stained concrete.  Otherwise, it will become pee-stained carpet :)
    That's what I was thinking. Hopefully sealed too or it will get that stadium "je ne sais quoi"
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    I like what you did with the bar, I think my wife and I might have to do the same just because a walk behind may take up way to much room.  Great man cave, very nice touch with the fireplace.  I am more partial to huge speakers and glowing tubes but the clean look you have looks great.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited March 2014
    ya but you'll have to excavate the floor to accommodate the u-bend/plumbing below the urinal, or have a built-in step stool  :D  sorry bud, can't help it!
    canuckland
  • Is that a sauna (wet or dry) in the bathroom or a shower?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @TexanOfTheNorth it looks infrared, you can see the panels through the window.  I have been wrong before though.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada