Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockin a "Q" now

Options
First cook with my BBQ Guru PartyQ. Seems to be doing good. The only problem was tearing up my screen when installing the adapter. Oh well.
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, welcome to the club. For this weekend's butt cooks I didn't use my PartyQ because I couldn't find room for the probe, but it works like a champ! Still need to wire up an AC adapter for it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I tried the @cazzy method on the ribs. Came out great. No foil, no sauce and 5 hours indirect at about 250. image
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    how was the flavor compared to wrapping? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    how was the flavor compared to wrapping? 

it was great and the bark was better. The ribs were moist and the texture was outstanding. The meat pulled clean off the bone with just a little tug.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    Options
    First cook with my BBQ Guru PartyQ. Seems to be doing good. The only problem was tearing up my screen when installing the adapter. Oh well.
    Hey

I actually had the same thing happen to my screen. I contacted the Mothership and they told me that the metal parts have a 5 year warranty on them. They sent me a new screen door out no problem. Plus they don't look like they would cost to much.
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those ribs look tasty. I'm lazy, so i don't foil or mop or anything. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.