Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How are eggfests started

Options
2»

Comments

• NitsujNella
    Options
    I'm from Florence, SC so I'd definitely be willing to attend.  Can do whatever to help setup as well.
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    I met with my local retailer and it went really well. He is going to get in touch with his distributor and corporate to get a date OK'd. We are aiming for this Fall. As soon as I get a date I will let you all know. I'm excited! Lowcountry Eggfest!!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Ewelch04
    Options
    Any update on this?  I have not heard anything new.  
    Bluffton, SC LBGE, SBGE, Thermapen
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ewelch04 said:
    Any update on this?  I have not heard anything new.  

his dealer probably got cold feet when he found out Eggfests are individually sponsored events and get no support from BGE - at least that is my understanding. If the dealer doesn't want the hassle nor to eat the typical 10% Eggfest discount to entice buyers then your eggfest is DOA!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    According to his homepage he hasn't been active on the forum since December. I got all excited reading the thread, not noticing it's old date. Damn.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    Sorry - I thought I had updated this.  What happened is that apparently the distributer (who I met at a related event and essentially confirmed this story) told the dealer that it wasn't in his best interest to support an eggfest because by himself he was likely to lose money.  The advice the dealer was given was essentially that the only way to make it workable would be if the area dealers got together and cooperated on the festival.  That was not something the dealer was too interested in pursuing (understandably).  It seems like here in the Charleston area, instead of Eggfests, the distributor is having cooking demonstrations at the respective dealers' shops.  These are set up sort of like a teeny tiny eggfest- 4 or 5 eggs are fired up and professional cooks rotate several different dishes on each one.  Also, the eggs are different sizes.  I saw the minimax demonstrated at one of these events before they were available for sale and I have wanted one ever since so I am guessing the events work :)

Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Although "Eggfests" may be good marketing for a dealer...they are not a true revenue source.  

If done incorrectly, they can cost a dealer money. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA