Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Private Message not 'private' ?

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,514
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Silly me, I just realised that occasionally I forget and send someone a private message in the 'Add Comment' box instead of clicking the 'Message' button first.... the message becomes visible to anyone who clicks on the recipient's profile under 'Activity', duh!

canuckland

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Gary, I hope that you haven't compromised yourself in any way as a result  :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Yeah, I see that often as well.  If you just click on the box under their profile it is a comment for all to see.  Also- I don't think you get a notification so it often goes unnoticed by the intended recipient.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,514
    Options
    Gary, I hope that you haven't compromised yourself in any way as a result  :D
    Haha, had a couple of border line ones ... fortunately it appears there's no one-hour limit and I was able to delete them.

I bet many members don't realise this!  Makes for some interesting reading when one is bored!
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @Canugghead-could you let us know how you delete the "Activity" comments.  I have tried many times for the past few years with no success.  Any insights welcomed!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

The messenger system in this forum is junk......it's hard to work with and confusing.  I have had many people get the notification email from rob.xxxx@BGE.... and try to reply to it.  They think they replied, but all they did was send that message to a no reply address.  Same deal, I've had people post things on my "wall" and I never knew about it since I do not check it.

I wish there was a way to block the private messages and/or wall posting, but there's not.  Same goes for Facebook, I do not reply to anyone there either......I do not like forums/social media that try to force you to fully use their applications for communication.  If you want to talk to me, send an email, text, or call using your gateway and I can respond using mine.  The same message is conveyed, in a much more efficient manner.