Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

REPOST - NCAA Bracket SIGNUP HERE!!

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum

We have about ten or twelve already - deadline is noon Thursday.  Prize is bragging rights/losers have to post that the winner is the basketball MASTAH.  It's all in the linked thread ...  Maybe mods will let this not die off so easily..

Thanks
8-Damien

You're invited to join "Eggheadforum" in the Capital One NCAA® March Madness® Bracket Challenge. 

Join here: 

Group Password: "BGE2014" 

Get in the game and may the best bracket win! 

Brackets open on Sunday, March 16th after the Selection Show and lock on Thursday, March 20th at 12pm ET! 

Sent from my iPad mini. rawk!
Large BGE -- Greensboro!
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    14 signed up now - nice...

I should request: 

PLEASE use your forum name when doing our bracket - that way we can give credit to you when you chose SF Austin to win it all...

Thanks

I just realized I didn't use my own forum name...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    "when you chose SF Austin to win it all..."

You looked at my bracket?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I am in . . . 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Last bump - hope everyone has a great tournament!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• EggSpinner
    Options
    I'm in
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• Foghorn
    Options
    I'm really going to enjoy reading all the tag lines that praise my college basketball insight.

(We're nice to each other where egging is concerned but I think there is room for a little trash-talking on this thread)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Tydfan
    Tydfan Posts: 41
    Options
    I have created my bracket but can seem to figure out how to join the group.  Help appreciated.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

• Tydfan
    Tydfan Posts: 41
    Options

Got it.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    If anyone created a bracket and wants to join the group just search for "egghead" and join the group with the password "BGE2014"
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Well we ended up with 21 players - a GREAT number for this first challenge!

If you lose, you basically agree to put the victor's name in your .sig saying that person is the best at NCAA bracketology.  Exact wording to follow - @Foghorn ?

Also - since I 'm addicted to this - if you go to NCAA and click the "Boss Button," it's worth at least a few laughs seeing the text they put up there.  My favourite so far is - How do they clean the shot clock and put those banners up without seriously inuring themselves?  

Go Duke!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel, are you also a Blue Devil?

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @MaskedMarvel, are you also a Blue Devil?
    Big fan.  The biggest.  Caught them in the Dean Dome this year, as well as the Duke/UNC game in Cameron, and the ACC  Tourney against Clemson.  Was in Indianappolis for the Final Four.

Looks like ncaa.com locks groups - sorry for those of you who didn't get in.  I really bumped as rudely as I could to try to get the info out.  There's always next year!...

Good luck!  I already lost the Dayton/OSU pick..  Oh well..

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    This was the only bracket where I took OSU.  DOH!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• shadowcaster
    Options
    I picked OSU to win that game but it brings me such joy that they lost!  =))
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I missed that upset as well but tourney time is so fun. Dayton got us off to good start of "madness".

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options

oh yea,, I picked ohio state,,, but it is always good when any of their teams lose,

GO BLUE

GO GREEN

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Foghorn
    Options

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that missed on the Dayton game.

I graduated from Duke in 1984.  My freshman year was Coach K's first year.  It's been a good ride.

San Antonio, TX

• EggSpinner
    Options
    MERCER?  Seriously?  Bracket buster there...
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• Foghorn
    Options

Yep.  I'm ready to change my tagline to praise whoever wins this.  I'm pretty sure I'll end up in the bottom half.  I had Ohio State in the final 8 and Duke in the last 4...

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It ain't over. Sportscenter said only 3.3% picked a mercer win. Of course, it's over for me. I have them winning it all.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Foghorn
    Options

OK.  So we need to keep bumping this thread from time to time until the tournament is over.  Since nobody objected, I guess we'll go with the following:

There are 21 of us competing.  That means the bottom half will be the bottom 10.  So, if you are in 12th place or lower you must add the following statement to your tagline praising the winner.

"(Insert winner name) is the college basketball guru of the EggHead Forum.  I bow to him (or her)."

San Antonio, TX

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    @maskedmarvek Coach K showed true class stopping by the locker room and congratulating Mercer. Being in the same town where Mercer is located I can say this place has been wild. For those who don't know Mercer is a private liberal arts school in Macon Ga. Outstanding medical school and engineering school as well.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    bo31210 said:
    @maskedmarvek Coach K showed true class stopping by the locker room and congratulating Mercer. Being in the same town where Mercer is located I can say this place has been wild. For those who don't know Mercer is a private liberal arts school in Macon Ga. Outstanding medical school and engineering school as well.

Some teams and fans are like that. Nice to hear about K. Wheni was in Indianapolis for the final four and duke won basically at the buzzer, we were walking around in downtown and EVERY Butler fan that saw our team on our shirts came up and congratulated us in a good game. Class and sportsmanship. I'll never forget it. Go Mercer! I'm also pulling for MSU.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Oh snap.  Working my way up the board!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Oh snap.  Working my way up the board!

Me too.  I'm temporarily out of "gonna have to change my tagline" range.

I'm attributing it to regression toward the mean.

San Antonio, TX

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Wow. Va. Gonna be an interesting
    Matchup against msu.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Virginia was insane. I haven't seen a defense like this in a long time. If they get past Sparty next stop is Jerry World.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @YEMTrey‌ is looking good. I'm curious to see how tonight's games go.

San Antonio, TX

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Wichita State killed me last week.

LBGE Atlanta, GA