Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
Lsuappel
Lsuappel Posts: 5
Can somebody please send me a link to buy a rib rack for a large egg?   I want to stack them and can't find where to buy the stacker.   I don't want the standard envelope rib rack but the multi layered grill rack.

thx

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Are you referring to the V rack? The only other rack i can think of is the Adjustable Rig; which allows you to cook on different layer like an oven. 
     V-rack:

Adjustable rig:

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    edited March 2014
    Options
    V-Rack:

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Are you reffereing to the V rack? The only other rack i can think of is the Adjustable Rig; which allows you to cook on different layer like an oven. 
     V-rack:

@GATABITES I have same setup but question for you, if you went with three levels like this, how do you handle the stone?  What I think I see in this pick is two slabs on top level using rig extender, next level is at highest setting on the rig, and third level on lowest setting on rig.  I realize you would have to pull out rig to adjust move racks which is fine, but how do you handle cooking indirect....good lucking ribs by the way.
    Adjustable rig:

Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • GATABITES
    edited March 2014
    Options
    That is a pic that I copy/pasted from the net. But I think you would place the oval stone on the spider for a LBGE. 

on my XL, I use the Woo2 and place the stone on it. I then the standard 24 grid and the AR on top. This would give me 3 levels to cook ribs. 

here is a pic of the XL loaded with ribs: 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Rebelst8
    Rebelst8 Posts: 36
    Options
    I bought this one, before I bought my adjustable rig. Still use it for large cooks. The second pic isn't mine, but I used it to find the rack I wanted.

Victor
    LBGE
    America's Best Coast - The Space Coast