Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast ABT's

Breakfast Texas Bullets by Aleta Wallace
Jalapenos wrapped in 1/3 strip of Maple Bacon filled with 1/2 ounce each of pate made from separately cooked ingredients: scrambled eggs (1) , maple sausage (1), Velveeta (0.5), and shredded hash browns (0.5). 
This is not a precise type recipe; a little more or less either way isn't going to matter. Ratio works like this: 1 cup eggs, 1 cup sausage, 1/2 cup Velveeta, 1/2 cup shredded hash browns. I used a food processor to create the pate and an electrical cookie press to fill the jalapenos. You will need toothpicks to fasten the maple bacon over the top of the cleaned and filled jalapenos. I used the HEB maple products. They can be created the day before and refrigerated. Cook or grill at about 350 to 400 degrees until the jalapenos wrinkle and the bacon is done which is typically about 30 minutes. They taste amazing like a pancake breakfast with jalapenos.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Woo Hoo.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Dang, this sounds good! I can see them being made with maple sausage links cut down to fit the pepper and the egg/cheese/hash browns in a bed under the sausage. Perhaps with some maple syrup drizzled over the top during the last few minutes of the cook?

Or maybe just cheese/hash browns & sausage link in the pepper and served in a bed of scrambled egg? The possibilities are endless!  :)
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    twlangan said:
    Dang, this sounds good! I can see them being made with maple sausage links cut down to fit the pepper and the egg/cheese/hash browns in a bed under the sausage. Perhaps with some maple syrup drizzled over the top during the last few minutes of the cook?

Or maybe just cheese/hash browns & sausage link in the pepper and served in a bed of scrambled egg? The possibilities are endless!  :)
    I agree about the syrup. We talked about it, will try in the Athens in 3 weeks.  
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein