Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken injection

Options
Going to spatch a Chicken tonight and use an injection. I have never done an injection before and not really sure how to do it. Do I just go under the skin or right into the breast? Is there an area on the chicken that I should put more injection into or evenly throughout legs and breasts?
"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"

Comments

• SmokinOutBack
    Options
    I never injected a chicken, never saw the need, so I can't help you.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Go into the meat. When you pierce the meat inject the liquid when pulling the needle out. Stop short of pulling out completely and inject in a different direction which minimizes the holes. Even better is tightly wrap it in saran wrap and then inject....helps hold the marinade in.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Gooey1
    Gooey1 Posts: 96
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Personally a 3 or 4 hour brine would give you better results by being more uniform throughout the yard bird and certainly less effort and less clean up.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokinOutBack
    Options
    RRP said:
    Personally a 3 or 4 hour brine would give you better results by being more uniform throughout the yard bird and certainly less effort and less clean up.

Exactly, I would brine poultry before injecting but to each his own.
    Cherry Hill, NJ