Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I love strip roasts II....

Options
Did them again, but decided to make big cuts.  Trimmed most of the fat cap and used Montreal rub.  Direct, raised at 400 and flipped around on all four sides until the internal was 130ish.  Foiled for about 6 minutes while the veggies finished.  On the plate they read 138 internal.  Just right.

Served with sweet potato and green beans.

I included the ugly aftermath pic to show that I don't really eat that big a piece of meat at a single sitting.  Ate slightly less than half, and the rest is for left overs.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

Lightweight.  Your cooking is wasted on you.  You should cook for me.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX