Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEst store bought BBQ sauce. Haven't seen this thread run in a while

Options
2»

Comments

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I always mix up mine own concoction.  But as I never write it down, and I know I don't make it the same everytime, but I always like what I end up with.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Stubbs' Original is pretty good stuff.

Although these are regional, Arthur Bryant's Original and Gates' Original aren't too bad for the non-candy sauce.  Maulls Original is another fave similar to Open Pit, thin, tangy.  It is hard to beat some pork steaks seared and braised in Maulls Original with some Budweiser, a classic.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NoDak1959
    NoDak1959 Posts: 45
    Options

Love this stuff. Found it while on vacation. Now order online. All natural.

http://www.backhillsbarbecuesauce.com/

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Romain
    Romain Posts: 52
    Options
    Johnny Harris. SWMBO introduced me to this a decade or so ago. Great on chicken and pork. Other than my own concoctions, this is my go to sauce for spare rib slabs. I generally prefer the Original although the Spicy Honey is pretty good.image
    Romain Nowakowski Ashburn, VA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Pretty sure they carry Johnny Harris at my local Publix.  Will have to give it a try.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Sweet Baby Ray's, Stubb's Spicy, and I use Dichickos Garlic sometimes even though it is not BBQ sauce.  I also use Dichickos Extra Hot and Sweet Baby Ray's in a 50/50 mix to make a hot BBQ sauce.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys