Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help finding a recipe (pulled pork)

So a year or two ago I saw a recipe on here. I forget if it was Hawaiian pulled pork or Brazilian. either way I remember it sounding good. Well I want to make it this weekend. 
Anyone have any clue as to what I am talking about?
Boom

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    could it have been a cuban pulled pork using a lechon asado recipe with mojo. garlic limes, sour orange...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Have you scoured the 'Search' box above using the description you described?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    The attached link may be what you are looking for:
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    could it have been a cuban pulled pork using a lechon asado recipe with mojo. garlic limes, sour orange...
    hmm maybe. some reason I have hawaiian or Brazilian in my head but it was like year and a half ago. it was a thread on here
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    SoCalTim said:
    Have you scoured the 'Search' box above using the description you described?
    Boom
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    edited March 2014
    Here is a Hawaiian version that is easily adapted to BGE. Just season, leave liquid smoke out, wrap in leaves and the foil.  Great flavor

Pork, Butt, Kalua Roast Pig

If digging a pit in your back yard is out of the question, but you want to go Hawaiian anyway, consider this Kalua Roast Pig.  In fact, if you don't confess to the liquid smoke, your guests will start looking for the pit the minute they see the platter of shredded pork.****Ti leaves, long, slender, dark green leaves of the ti tree, are used to encase many foods in Hawaii, such as corn husks are used in Latin American cooking and banana leaves are used in other parts of the world.  Leaves not only enclose and protect their contents, but they trap valuable moisture and impart flavor as well.****If ti leaves are not grown in your area, they often can be found in florists shops.  If not, consider substituting dried palm leaves, which are frequently sold in oriental markets.

INGREDIENTS:
    10-15 Ti Leaves, or dried palm leaves, soaked to soften, then shaken dry
    41/2-5 Lbs Pork Picnic Shoulder roast or a Boston Shoulder Roast
    2 Tsps Coarse Salt, Alea Red is great
    1 1/2 Tbs Liquid Smoke
    1/4 Cup Water

PROCEDURE:

1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a deep roasting pan with Ti leaves.

2. Season the pork roast with salt. Cover the meat with ti leaves and tie up with string. Place wrapped meat in pan on top of leaves, then cover meat with more leaves. Pour a mixture made of the liquid smoke and water over the meat and leaves. Seal the pan tightly with tin foil to prevent moisture from escaping
    3. Roast the pork at least 3 hours, until very well done and to the point of overdone The meat is taken off the bones and shredded by hand, never cut with a knife..

Yield: 8-10 Servings

Recipe Type: Asian, Main Dish, Meat

Source
    Author: Princess Kaiulani Hotel, Honolulu, Hawaii
    Source: The Sheraton World Cookbook, 2011/08/17

Hewrer ios a great youtube BGE version.

• FanOfFanboys
    Awesome thanks everyone. On point!

I tried posting other response but got awaiting for approval message?
    Boom
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Awesome thanks everyone. On point!

I tried posting other response but got awaiting for approval message?

Some times I get that message also and the way someone told me to get around it is to get the bad message, go in and edit and paste the original message, works for me.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    This is for traditional NC pulled pork. Long read but  it's good butt. (see what I did just there?)

( http://www.nakedwhiz.com/recipes2.htm#pork )

Steve 

Caledon, ON