Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sunday Salmon Cook

R3KR3K Posts: 52
Need a little advice from the Eggsperts.  I've done salmon before on the Egg with pretty good results, but I've always done it direct over the flames and a fairly high temp (300-400 degrees).  I'm wanting to do salmon again for this evening but I wanted everyone's take on an indirect cook.  Obviously fish doesn't take as long as regular meat does so would a slo/low indirect cook be ready a few hours after hitting the grill?  What kind of dome temp does everyone shoot for when doing a slo/low salmon cook, and what internal temp should I shoot for?  Thanks in advance everyone!

Comments

• gpsegggpsegg Posts: 410
    Let me suggest plank salmon raised direct ( i.e. no platesetter . Understand with plank its actually indirect ) at 250 degrees. EVOO and DP Raging River. Cook to 135 internal. Outstanding!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • R3KR3K Posts: 52
    thanks.  I'll have to give that a try.  I'm assuming "DP" is Dizzy Pig dry rub.  Where do you guys all get it?  Online?  I'm in Las Vegas and I don't know of any place around here that sells it.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,876
    Did indirect today on the small at 350.  Took about 20 minutes.  Used Dizzy Pig Raging River and nothing else.  Turned out great.  DP has a great recipe on their site. 

http://dizzypigbbq.com/portfolio/raging-river-maplebutter-crusted-salmon/

Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • leo123leo123 Posts: 98
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cedar-planked-salmon-2/

try out this recipe. I made it a couple of times and it was great.