Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed fllank steak

Options
robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
This meal came out very good.

Chopped up a 1/2. Green zucchini, 1/2 a red bell pepper, sliced thin 3 cloves fresh garlic, 1/2 a small onion,

Got a flank steak. Laid it out on a dish. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Put chopped ingredients ont too and added some crumbled procuito,

Rolled the flank steakamd tied.

Got the egg to 275-300. Pecs /oak chips. Put the meat on the egg indirect for 1 hour. Put some potatoes on as wel". After the hour I pulled the meat off and continued to cook the potatoes at 400 raised direct until they were ready. Once they came off I cranked the egg to 500 and put on the CI grid on the spider. I coated the meat with olive oil applied by using fresh parsley and rosemary twigs. I then put the meat back on the spider and cooked ~2 minutes a side rolling the meat.

When done let is sit for 5 minutes and served.

All was good. Propanol would substitute the red pepper for a roasted red pepper instead next time as the raw red bell was a little much for my taste. May have roasted a little longer as well.

Garnerville, NY

Comments