Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uh oh, this should be interesting

Options
2»

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I cooked my my last one at over 300 the whole time. 16# took 8:30.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    @ttravisstrick-yea but you have your own following so you can do whatever you want with brisket and you will always crank out a winner.  I'm figuring you guys in Texas have an unfair advantage.  I am even leaning toward the cow for the head-start but I may refine that thought once out from under the influence of bourbon!  Have a great weekend!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    FAIL!!

Definitely cooked it too fast. The texture was whack.

Everyone was...it's good Carl. My wife said "no, this is not the way it should be". Freaking love that!!! Lol

The streak is over but I'm ready for redemption next weekend.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sorry man.

Dale Earnhardt was once said, after losing to unforeseen circumstances, "We got beat."
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Awesome that she can appreciate a good one.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    sorry bud- Sadly I know the feeling all too well. It gets to be like golf. shoot a few 72's and all the sudden 78 makes for a bad day. Meanwhile- 95% of the world would be doing high fives and buying shots. Keep it in perspective- back on the horse and fight again.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    Absolutely man!   Tonight the flat's texture was a little better, so I tried to give her some.  She said "I don't want the flat, you know I like the point".  The she ate some, looked at me and shook her head. lmao   

• cazzy
    Options
    sorry bud- Sadly I know the feeling all too well. It gets to be like golf. shoot a few 72's and all the sudden 78 makes for a bad day. Meanwhile- 95% of the world would be doing high fives and buying shots. Keep it in perspective- back on the horse and fight again.

It's all good man.  Possibly the worse brisket I've made and i'm not even the least bit discouraged.  I still plan to make one for Salado!

I will never make my sausage another way.  It was great!  Nice  smokey flavor and good snap on the casing.    
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    cazzy said:

Hi54putty said:

Absolutely man!   Tonight the flat's texture was a little better, so I tried to give her some.  She said "I don't want the flat, you know I like the point".  The she ate some, looked at me and shook her head. lmao   

You are a lucky man.

XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    @cazzy-I could write for a while and miss, but I am most appreciative of the up-front assessment.  I have never reached your heights of brisket nirvana and will never get close to the Texas masters but I hold out the few nuggets I have gleaned from you @Cen_tex and others on how to give it a good shot.  The triple is about my best shot but I did hit a home-run a couple of times.   The best part is "back in the box" and time for another swing.  Baseball season is just around the corner!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thanks Cap!!!  Brisket to me is like a woman...I love the chase!   :P
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Even though you don't think the brisky turned out good enough, i bet your young lady had a great time. Happy birthday to her!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.