Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

best grilled chicken sandwich I ever ate(that's what I'm going with at least)...

jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,519
Today is the 10th day in a row that I have cooked dinner on my egg.  I believe that is a new record for me.  image
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,927
    That is a thing of beauty.  The bun should take a backseat to the yardbird. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,519
    That is a thing of beauty.  The bun should take a backseat to the yardbird. 
    Yeah, that was an old stale bun that surprisingly had no mold. It softened up in the microwave a bit and became a suitable vessel to deliver this amazing thing into my body.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,715
    Now thats a samich..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 949
    edited March 2014
    I was just thinking "That damn thing would make Dagwood proud"! Great job! I will also second the "that's a samich".
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • GoVolsGoVols Posts: 206
    I'll take a sammich.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 449
    Is that muenster you have on there? Looks good.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    If it tasted half as good as it looks...you nailed it!  Nice color, was their a rub on it?  What was you MO?
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Miked125Miked125 Posts: 362
    Um the weather has been horrible (-56F at times), I am jealous.
    @cashans Had some really big breasts which I pounded... B-)  Threw them on raised direct 400* and shook on some raging river. Turned after about 10-15min and shook the rub on the other side. Cooked till 160 and voila.  

@tjosborne yes, I love muenster cheese
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    Also used a Jack Danielle's wood chunk. I love the smell while cooking but it didn't impart too much flavor as far as I could tell. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 19,512
    Looks great - smashed chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing for 6 hours and then egged using Raging River is a favorite of ours. I also melt on a piece of muenster and harvarti, then serve on a butter croissant with mayo and a piece of lettuce! Man-o-man is that a killer sandwich!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Congratulations on the new record. Keep going, and report back ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,278
    I was thinking that those were some Dolly Parton chicken breasts or a very small bun ;)

Heading your way next month for the BBQ contest in Winchester. 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
    I was thinking that those were some Dolly Parton chicken breasts or a very small bun ;)

Heading your way next month for the BBQ contest in Winchester. 
    Awesome, I bet you win it. I have used quite a few of your recipes and loved them all.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • What is the process for pounding chicken breasts?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    edited March 2014
    What is the process for pounding chicken breasts?
    I use one of these(smooth side) while it is in a food saver bag.imagejj
    just makes it more uniform thickness
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,340

What is the process for pounding chicken breasts?
    Depending on how thin you want them, you can butterfly them and/or put them between two sheets of plastic wrap and beat them with a meat tenderizing hammer.  Also, a rolling pin will work (to beat it with).

• Thanks gents. ..going to try this...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    RRP said:
    Looks great - smashed chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing for 6 hours and then egged using Raging River is a favorite of ours. I also melt on a piece of muenster and harvarti, then serve on a butter croissant with mayo and a piece of lettuce! Man-o-man is that a killer sandwich!

RRP, not sure how I missed your post earlier but I am going to try that for sure. Sounds amazing. And to think, I never really cared much for chicken sandwiches before my egg, crazy.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!