Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

9 Days To Salado Reminder

Options
With only 9 days remaining to Salado, you should have already registered either as a Cook or a Taster by now, decided on which hotel to stay in, selected the best route, checked the tire pressure and oil level in your car, refreshed your Eggfest Box, selected which outfits to wear, determined which family members to bring, and told your neighbor to watch your home.

But as I sit here looking over last year's attendee's list, I know some of you are still procrastinating about coming, and some are waiting until the last second to register. That's not good...

I should remind you again that on-line registrations will cease to be processed on Tuesday, March 11th. So if you are not registered on-line by then, you will have to go through the on-site registration process, with its long lines, written test, physical exam and airport search. Or something like that...

Plus, you don't get to wear one of the pretty individually printed name badges that our staff prepares for on-line "Registered" attendees.

And if you show up having not pre-registered as a Cook, you might be hard pressed to get in line to share a Demo Egg.

So, PLEASE get on the stick and register. We have a team standing by to process your on-line registration.

Here's the Registration link:

http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/

And if you plan to take advantage of the reduced prices for Demo Eggs and EGGcessories, you need to act on it ASAP. Here's the link:

http://demoeggs.blogspot.com/

Thank you for registering early.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Oh my, is it that time already? This means I get the Grands for spring break in 9 days and I haven't done any planning yet. I better get on it...... ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Leaving Seaside on Thur and headed to Natchez ( for the first time) for a day or two. Then home to Salado. Work, work, work..........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited March 2014
    Options

Natchez is my old stomping grounds.  I grew up 30 miles west of Natchez, 10 miles north of Jonesville in Harrisonburg.  No need to slow down on my account.  I'm gone for a long time.

But Natchez is a lasting example of the old South.  Lots of History.  Beautiful old antebellum homes. Good food at Natchez Under the Hill.  Try **** of the Walk if it's still there.  Ft. Rosalie is a good tour.  Fat Mama's Tamales is good too according to my niece.  I think she said the margaritas are good.

The old Eola Hotel is a classic example of a bygone era.  Judy and I stayed there a few years ago.

If you have time, head north on Hwy 61 and exit on the Natchez Trace Parkway.  It goes all the way to Nashville but you can really enjoy riding on the first ten or 15 miles.  No trucks... Slow pace. Beautifully maintained.

Stomp a few times and you can call it your 'stomping grounds' too.

See you in Salado.