Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cell Phone Photos Are Unsafe

Options
I thought the subject title would get your attention. It got mine and I just learned how my iphone can be unsafe.

Here's the info I received and link to the video.

"Subject: NOT A JOKE Think Before Posting a Photo Online. Important...

Need to be careful with what you post on face book or the net!

Think Before Posting a Photo Online. Important...

Absolutely amazing, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING & SO ARE CRIMINALS!

Bill Myers is a photo guru and a very sharp technician.

In the video below, Myers shows why posting your iPhone and other digital photos to Facebook, YouTube and other online venues is maybe not the smartest idea in the world. Have a look. It is well worth your time if you post photos online:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZF-yP_ceU

Naturally, the first thing I did was to open up my iphone images, pick one, opened it, went to Properties and looked at all the details of the image. I quickly saw the GPS Coordinates, including Altitude.

Here's the thumbnail photo along with just the GPS information:

I went to Google Earth and entered the coordinates and here's the sky view of the place where I took the photo, a restaurant in Alexandria, Louisiana.

Then I went to Google Earth Street View and here's where I took the photo. More precisely, right about where the white car is parked in front of the restaurant.

This information is obviously correct to just a few feet, probably less than ten feet. And this frightens me NOT knowing this. But I know it now and will be very cautious as to where I take photos with my iphone.

Now I'm going to check to see if my other cameras record the same amount of data.

I recognize that this could be an important 'tool' in the hands of the photographer, or it could be a 'weapon' in the hands of a bad person.

You're welcome

Spring "You Just Never Know" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments