Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Roll Call

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
So who from this forum is going to Salado? I looked on the site and don't recognize the majority of the attendees.

Are you cooking? If so, what are you preparing?

I'm doing wings and either a surprise cook or a brisket. Just depends on how much trial run goes this weekend. Wings are dialed in :P
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy
    I really wanted to attend so i could meet some of you folks but im not going to be able to take that much time off from work. Maybe another time or event my friend. Hope yall all have a great time. I know the food will be awesome!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I'll be there....but I'm not as cool as Eggcelsior with time to dig up an animated GIF   :)
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    not cooking...this will be my first eggfest...lets see how well I get along with all ya'll first    :D
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    I'll be there....but I'm not as cool as Eggcelsior with time to dig up an animated GIF   :)
    I'm not that cool. If I had friends or none of these extended wait times on the phone with health insurance companies, I wouldn't have the time either.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I will be there. I will be cooking moose ghosht

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    I'm not that cool. If I had friends or none of these extended wait times on the phone with health insurance companies, I wouldn't have the time either.
    Aw man...that's sad. We're your friends. Faceless, nameless internet friends but that's better than what you have now.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    Aw man...that's sad. We're your friends. Faceless, nameless internet friends but that's better than what you have now.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Count me in. I'll be helping LS cook his moose josht.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    If traveling doesn't get in the way am going to try and make it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options

Steven if that is what I am guessing it is we have a little problem. You see in Salado they sell only female mooseses at the local stores. You might have to bring one in your carry-on.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Caliking. . I'll be helping LS cook his moose

That sounds wrong.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    edited March 2014
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Caliking. . I'll be helping LS cook his moose That sounds wrong.

Maybe you could carry his Moose slong. Damn, that sounds wrong as well.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey said:

Steven if that is what I am guessing it is we have a little problem. You see in Salado they sell only female mooseses at the local stores. You might have to bring one in your carry-on.
    What makes you think he's flying? That where the moose comes in... or rather LS comes into Salado on the moose.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    We'll be attending Salado.

We're not planning on cooking, but if there's room or the need, we'll fire something up.

I've heard there will be kilts, costumes and a Leprechaun cooking a moose dish. 

Cheers!

Michael 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:

WTF is a slong? Something you wear. It's schlong Mic! Or schwantz!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Little "third leg" Steven aka Big Moose Nelson.

He's legend 'round these parts folks. It's not that he's short... He's just always bent over with some excess weight in front, egging up a storm.

I'm looking forward to his schwantz song in salado. I might even buy him a 10 gallon hat. It's up to him what hook to hang it off though. He's the idea man, after all.
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    I've never been to one. Looks like a 7 hr haul for me from AR. After seeing some of the awesome pictures on here I would be intimidated cooking since I'm still kind of new to this but looks like a blast. Where do you get all the eggs to cook on? do people bring them?

• cazzy
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've never been to one. Looks like a 7 hr haul for me from AR. After seeing some of the awesome pictures on here I would be intimidated cooking since I'm still kind of new to this but looks like a blast. Where do you get all the eggs to cook on? do people bring them?

Most of us just get pics off the internet and call them our own. ; ) You should come man. Don't even think about coooking...just come enjoy the free food, learn what you can, and meet a bunch of good people in kilts. It's one of the only free fests so you can put what you would have spent at another fest towards your gas.
  • Mickey
    Options
    @RGBHV if there was only time. That would be the Salado EggFest motto and would have t-shirts. Very good men. """I've heard there will be kilts, costumes and a Leprechaun cooking a moose dish. """

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Will be there again.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    cazzy said:

Most of us just get pics off the internet and call them our own. ; ) You should come man. Don't even think about coooking...just come enjoy the free food, learn what you can, and meet a bunch of good people in kilts. It's one of the only free fests so you can put what you would have spent at another fest towards your gas.
    Funny! Dudes in kilts? Texans are so weird! Kidding. I just might. I have some family down that way so I might pack up Mrs.Twitty and head down. 

So you are saying that you guys are going to cook the food you post on here to just give away? I'm down with that (except the Moose.......yuck)

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    We'll be there, not cooking.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:

WTF is a slong? Something you wear. It's schlong Mic! Or schwantz!

:-B

• cazzy
    Options

cazzy said:

Most of us just get pics off the internet and call them our own. ; )

You should come man. Don't even think about coooking...just come enjoy the free food, learn what you can, and meet a bunch of good people in kilts.

It's one of the only free fests so you can put what you would have spent at another fest towards your gas.

Funny! Dudes in kilts? Texans are so weird! Kidding. I just might. I have some family down that way so I might pack up Mrs.Twitty and head down. 

So you are saying that you guys are going to cook the food you post on here to just give away? I'm down with that (except the Moose.......yuck)

If you're new to egging...you want to go. You and the misses will see things cooked on the egg that you prolly won't expect to see. It's very inspiring, especially for a new egghead. It's also cool that most of the recipes you see can be found after the fest.

Don't think about it...do it. It will be a fun day with several prizes.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    This is BS!!!! I'm so pissed I can't make it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:

If you're new to egging...you want to go. You and the misses will see things cooked on the egg that you prolly won't expect to see. It's very inspiring, especially for a new egghead. It's also cool that most of the recipes you see can be found after the fest. Don't think about it...do it. It will be a fun day with several prizes.

ok! I'm going to try! Excited to see all this good food in person.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Going as an observer. Will have SWMBO in tow. Will learn more in 4 hours in Salado than I did in 5 years of college.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    Going as an observer. Will have SWMBO in tow. Will learn more in 4 hours in Salado than I did in 5 years of college.

That's only because in college they didn't offer classes on "Who shouldn't wear a kilt", "Overeating - 1 Egg at a time", and "PBR and the Tennessee Redneck: A love story"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    The Bride and myself will be there, cooking a breakfest, a mid day cook and a simple dessert! BUT my main responsibility is being @henapple stunt double for the day and @mickey flunky, aka personel assistant!! This one is Always a Blast!!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas