Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sous vide boneless blade roast (is this same as chuck roast?)

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,528
edited March 2014 in Beef
light S&P only, in DIY SV bath @132 for 24 hours, brushed with butter and coated with Cluck and Squeal Beef Specific, then seared 30 seconds each side on Lodge CI grill.  perfect medium rare, more flavourful than prime rib IMHO, not tough but next time I'll try 30 or 36 hours.

edit: damn, looking at the picture, just realised I should have sliced it against the grain ;((

canuckland

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yes they are the same. Depending on where you are from they can be called by different names.
    Top blade roast
    Top chuck roast
    Blade roast
    Chuck roast
    First cut roast
    There are other names as well depending on location. They all come from the same primal. Hope this helps.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Thank you!
    canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You are more than welcome my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.