Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Arthur Bryant's Sauce Recipe?

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't remember is it the recipe for Bryant's Sauce that used Sweet Baby Ray's as a base? Or is it some other sauce? Could someone post a link to this recipe. I can't find anything like I am looking for[p]Steve-B

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]Are you looking for a sweet Kansas City style sauce? I have one from BB's Lawnside BBQ outside of KC that I would be happy to share.[p]BP in SD
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    BP,[p]I made a sauce a year ago or so that had Sweet Baby Ray's sauce as an ingrediant. I cannot find it today. I would love to see yours though.[p]Steve-B
  • Unknown
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I've been looking for a recipe for a sauce that tastes like Bryants. Let me know if you come up with someting.

• Unknown
    Options
    Hey Steve-B,[p]OK, here you are:
    BB’s Lawnside Spicy Apple Barbecue Sauce
    (Adapted from Steve Raichlen’s BBQ Bible sauces, rubs and Marinade book)[p]28 Oz Heiitz Catsup
    2 Cups Apple Juice (If you would not drink it, don’t use it in this sauce)
    4 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
    2 Tbs. Molasses
    2 Tbs. soy sauce
    1 tsp liquid smoke
    3 Tbs. dark brown sugar
    2 Tbs. granulated sugar
    1 to 2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
    1 tsp celery seed
    1 tsp ground cinnamon, fresh ground
    ¼ tsp clove, fresh ground[p]I have also tried it with 4 Tbs. of dark roasted coffee and 2 Tbs. French’s Mustard.[p]Mix everything and bring to slow boil over medium meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Keeps for several months thanks to the acidity. [p]
    BP in SD