Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump sale-Central Market-Plano Tx

Options
B&B lump in 20lb bags are being sold for 10.98/bag. Not sure if it's quality lump or if all locations have this deal, but at that price I picked up 3 bags.
LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have never tried the B&B, but I'm a true believer in the Central Market brand and I think it's a dollar more than the B&B.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Have never tried the B&B, but I'm a true believer in the Central Market brand and I think it's a dollar more than the B&B.
    The Central Market is what I use 90% of the time. I haven't found anything that is measurably better at any price. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I bought one bag and it sparked pretty badly. I prefer Wicked Good, now  bagged as Kamado Joe. Tom sells it and Rockwood... compares well to Ozark Oak... at the Ceramic Grill store in Denton. He also sells Mountain Pure lump from Tennessee. Well worth the trip from Plano.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    Elliot's and CM are very close to me...I usually get my lump from Elliots (Ozark Oak).  But for that price yesterday .50/LB  It was too good to pass up...even if it's sparky

• JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up fellas. I'm tired of paying $12 for 10lbs of Ozark Oak, even though it is my favorite. I'll have to give the CM brand a try.
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    I have used B&B quite a bit and always liked it. Never had a problem with small chunks. It did spark a bit when first lighting but always had good results. Is that available online or is it just in-store?
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • clintmiller
    clintmiller Posts: 147
    Options
    I switched over to Central Market at the beginning of 2013. That's all I use now. It's cheaper than Ozark Oak, and more convenient to buy (since I can buy it at HEB and not have to go to a bbq specialty store). Seems to work well for me. It does spark a bit, but that's not a big problem for me.
  • Angus1978
    Options
    @Shadowcaster As far as I know it's in-store only....but feel free to check online
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That seems like what the normal price is. Picked up a few bags the other week.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Angus1978
    Options
    @griffin I'd never noticed it was that low, if it's regular priced.