Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Conversion

Options
Hey All,
Ive never seen this on the forums and it is kind of a goofy question but here goes. I did blackened scallops on my LBGE tonight (they came out awesome). The recipe I used was for the stove top version. I did it outside because of all the smoke these things put off. The recipe says to set the stove to High. Is there a general corresponding temp range for low, medium, high?
Bud
Large BGE
Lawrenceville, GA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    sstripes96
    I have the conversion for the oven but dont know how it would apply but here goes any how.
    Low Oven 250-300
    Moderate Oven 350-375
    Hot Oven 400-450
    Very Hot Oven 500+
    I now that this is not exactly what you are looking for but maybe you can use it as a guide. Wish I could be more help. Maybe others will answer.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks SGH. That is exactly what I was looking for. Some recipes call for a heat setting instead of an actual temp. Its nice to have the general temp ranges so I dont burn the crap out of something or have the temp too low and something takes forever to cook.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @sstripes96

You are more than welcome. I got that out of a book by Chef Don Prudhome so im sure it is accurate.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.