Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgate egg?

My kids play a lot of baseball in the spring and summer...we spend a ton of time in the parks...sometimes with 3-4 hours between games...considering an egg portable enough to move easily but big enough to cook dogs brats or burgers on for big groups of kids from time to time... During the off season I want it to live in a table with my XL.

Or maybe it's just a bad idea and I need to grab a webber or somethin.

Looking for any suggestions or setup reccomendations from any of you who drag your eggs around...or have decided against it.
Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    @Hallfamily was selling MBGE hitch for the truck awhile ago?
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    I just purchased a kamado joe jr. It has the capacity of the small egg and the portability of the mini. Its kind of like having 2 eggs in 1. You really should give it a look if you are looking to get a portable ceramic cooker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I'll probably get banned for this but the Big Steel Keg is a really good cooker and it comes with a trailer insert. I want to get one for that reason.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH

I'll probably get banned for this but the Big Steel Keg is a really good
    They will have to ban me too brother. I use and mention other cookers all the time. The way I see it the man asked for a honest answer and thats what we gave. I love my egg but im cooking on my custom made reverse flow cabinet as we speak.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• AlbertaEgger
    SGH said:

They will have to ban me too brother. I use and mention other cookers all the time. The way I see it the man asked for a honest answer and thats what we gave. I love my egg but im cooking on my custom made reverse flow cabinet as we speak.
    Pics??? PM Pics???
  • Little Steven
    I don't have any others except a Bradley smoker. Always wanted a Primo Oval. Nothing wrong with Webers either.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    SGH said:

What Raiders game are we hooking up to tailgate at?!
  • Little Steven
    That's a hell of a drive for me but I'll do it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    You pick it brother!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    AlbertaEgger
    How do you PM picks? Im new at the forum and havent figured it all out but talk me thru it and i will be more than glad to send you picks of my pit.

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The small or mini egg are both great options. We take both camping and tail gating all the time. If the egg carten comes available again im gonna get one for my small. The one for my mini is awesome.
  • Little Steven
    SGH said:
    AlbertaEgger
    How do you PM picks? Im new at the forum and havent figured it all out but talk me thru it and i will be more than glad to send you picks of my pit.
    I think Alberta Egger may be in a frozen state for many years. When you post you will see an "attach file" option in the bottom left. Click that and then browse. Hiighlight the pic you want and click open. When it uploads it will show a thumbnail. Click insert then delete.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BYS1981
    SGH said:

You pick it brother!

I have season tickets, but I only make it out to 3-4 games.. one day I'm hoping to bring my medium to tailgate, I have a 2 burner propane I use atm. Are you local to Oakland?
  • SGH
    BYS1981
    No sir. I live on the Mississippi Gulf coast. But if you pick the game and give me notice i will be there.
    A fall game would be easier for me to make due to my work schedule, but i will try to make any you will be at. Again I will need a little notice. I worked out there several times but never had time to go to a game. I worked at what use to be ARCO, Tosco Wilmington, Toaco Carson. Mobile and Chevron at El Sugundo and Richmond.

Status- Standing by.

• BYS1981
    edited March 2014
    Oh, cool.. I know exactly where Richmond chevron is, I work in Richmond myself. Are you an operator?
  • SGH
    No, I work in Quality Management.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    AlbertaEgger
    I posted 4 pics. It said they had to be approved. What is that?

Status- Standing by.

• AlbertaEgger
    OT, Sorry Mike, Im not sure @SGH will take this off onto another thread. I dont have any experience with the PM part on this.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    SGH said:

AlbertaEgger

Any boobs?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    henapple said:
    AlbertaEgger
    Any boobs?
    No just my smoker

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Smoking boobs? Lol
  • SGH
    henapple said:
    Smoking boobs? Lol

I wish!!!

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    They let this through. .
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    henapple said:
    Smoking boobs? Lol

I wish!!!
    Only thing in the pics were my smoker. I dont know what the deal is.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    Try again...I can't believe the forum wouldn't allow it.
  • Little Steven
    henapple said:
    Try again...I can't believe the forum wouldn't allow it.
    There are no moderators sunshine! You can say poop, knickers, sausage and boobies here with no reperccussions.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    I figured that's why I'm still here....
  • Little Steven
    ****! (thought I'd try)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple