Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Garlic Brined Pork Loin

DMWDMW Posts: 12,304
Just made the brine, now it's outside to cool before brining a section of pork loin overnight. The temp was 15* and dropping, shouldn't take too long. The other part is curing for Canadian bacon. And what to do while waiting for the brine to cool? Yeah, that should work.

My little girl turned 12 yesterday, family coming over tomorrow night.imageimageimage
My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle

Comments

• 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Looks like a great start.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Nice looking brine for sure.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,304
    Out of the brine and now back in the fridge to dry. Also decided to supplement with some drumsticks.image
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    Post sear, pre roast. First layer of glaze applied.image
    Morgantown, PA

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Looks really good!
    And its done.
    Morgantown, PA

• Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 4,422
    @DMW‌, I am thinking of smoking a brined pork loin. What is in your brine? I have one that has sea salt, brown sugar and what ever spices I want to add. What all did you add to it. It looks like I see peppercorns, what else? It looks good. My wife doesn't like pork loin because it is dry and has no flavor and I said I can change your mind on that.
    XL, WSM, Little Kahuna, Coleman RoadTrip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Looks awesome!  I agree with wanting the recipe on the brine.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,283
    Did I miss something - what was the glaze???

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    Oh boy, now I need to dig and see if I can figure out what I used for brine and glaze on this one...

I need to get better about documenting details. :-\"

The key to juicy loin is to not overcook it. 165* is overcooked, 145* serving temp is now considered "safe" by the USDA. I like to pull at just below 140* and let carryover cooking finish it during the rest. There may be a bit of pinkish color in the center. That's OK.
    Morgantown, PA

OK, I think this was the Garlic-Sage Brine from Charcuterie, I have it in this post, and I'm almost 100% certain it is the same. 

You will probably want to scale the brine depending on the size of the loin.

As to the glaze, I'm not sure, but I'll bet since I was using a brine recipe from Charcuterie, I may have used the Bourbon Glaze as well. Here it is:

1 cup whiskey, bourbon, or Wild Turkey
    1/2 cup maple sugar or maple syrup (I would have used syrup)
    1/4 packed cup brown sugar
    Pinch of cayenne pepper

Again, I can't stress how important it is to not overcook loin. On large cuts like this I may have been known to pull at 135* in the center...
    Morgantown, PA

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,209
    I am interested in the Canadian bacon... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    Morgantown, PA

• anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Pork loin looks great. Bacon cure....oh yeah!
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,209
    Thanks @DMW‌!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,011
    Looks like a first round knock out to me. Excellent job my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.