Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stoopid! Stoopid Salado mistake.

Dammit! Booked flights in Thursday out Sunday and totally forgot South by Southwest was on in Austin. Coulda seen my girl Carolyn Wonderland. Trying to see what the penalty is for flight change now.

( )

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Make the change. You only go around once!

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.

• Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,557
    Just do it!  It's one of those "once in a lifetime" things and it's only money :-)
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • Miss Judy and Fred. It's Air Canada...the upcharge could require a second mortgage

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• And nevermind I forgot all about Franklins

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 4,323
    I've never heard of her, but she seem good. If you like that look up tedeschi trucks band. Or prior, Susan tedeschi.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Great blues act, be a shame to miss her. Best version of the Wind Cries Mary since Hendrix, The cut you show she uses the neck pick up on the Les Paul, I prefer the guitar work on Miss Understood, course I like SRV and the heavy Texas Blues.

Good Luck changing the ride there, hope you get to enjoy her show. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • Great blues act, be a shame to miss her. Best version of the Wind Cries Mary since Hendrix, The cut you show she uses the neck pick up on the Les Paul, I prefer the guitar work on Miss Understood, course I like SRV and the heavy Texas Blues.

Good Luck changing the ride there, hope you get to enjoy her show. 
    Have you seen her do "Levon's when I go away". Check it out...she breaks down at the end of it. It was after he passed obviously.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The tab was still open. There are about ten cell phone recordings of this out there and I think this is the best. She strikes me as a blend of Billie, Janis, Gracie, and Bonnie with a little Carol Pope thrown in for good measure.

[ ]

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,048
    Janis J made her name at Threadgill's in Austin. Good place to go now. This lady sounds like a very mild Janis J.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,183
    Steve-o, I'm trying to hit up Franklin's on that Friday.
    Stoopid vanilla. Every time I hit the post button it took me to the "something is wrong" page.
    Stoopid vanilla. Every time I hit the post button it took me to the "something is wrong" page.
    Oh dear
  • ProserProser Posts: 234
    I saw Carolyn preform with Sis Deville two years ago the Sunday night of SXSW. If she's in town there is no telling where she will turn up
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, and a Mini Max
    I saw Carolyn preform with Sis Deville two years ago the Sunday night of SXSW. If she's in town there is no telling where she will turn up
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,557
    And nevermind I forgot all about Franklins
    Franklins is going to be a happening place Friday. We are trying to take IrishRog there too. Maybe we will see you there :-)
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • That sounds awesome! I can skip meeting my customer I guess

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I'm going to get there around 0800. Party time.
    I'm going to get there around 0800. Party time.
  • Something weird is going on here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Indeed.
    I just booked travel via Southwest. 3/12-3/18.

• BigWingsBigWings Posts: 161
    How have I never heard of her?   She's quite the rock package.

New Brunswick, Canada

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,671
    edited February 2014
    I just found her when I googled Levon Helm's "When I go Away". Cen-Tex smoker, who used to be kind of a big deal around here, was quite familiar with her. Where you at in NB?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Where is CT? VI, nola... What is this place?