Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back ribs

Options
Gotta love the egg. I put ribs on around 10am. Went out in the woods for a nice hike and the ribs were just about done. Can't wait for summer.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wish I could go walking and come back to food like that!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Deviledegger
    Options
    The ribs had a heavy bark. Almost looked a little over cooked but they tasted great. The wife said they were the best in a while.
  • SGH
    Options
    Deviledegger

They look great to me!! Here are a few tips if you are concerned with color.
    1. Sugar at high heat will darken
    2. If you are cooking turbo wrap when they are the color you like.
    3. If you are not satisfied with them give them to me!!!
    I dont worry about color to much anymore unless im cooking for charity or a fund raiser. Just remember when you are cooking when they reach the color you want you can wrap and finish cooking. Steer clear of sugar also and problem solved. Hope this helps my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Deviledegger
    One more thing that will darken ribs on the egg that I have noticed is if you are cooking high in the dome the reflective heat from the dome will darken the meat. Might move a little lower dow.

Status- Standing by.

• Deviledegger
    Options
    @SGH I appreciate the info. These were definatly heavy on the sugar. I will keep these tips in mind for the future.
  • SGH
    Options
    You are more than welcome my friend.

Status- Standing by.