Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to do a clean burn.

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
My BGE, daisy wheel and especially plate setter are getting pretty gunked up. I am thinking of just cranking it open and letting it go. Any danger to the wheel or PS from this? I have new gasket to put on when the weather warms anyway after a steak sear got a little out if hand. What do you all do?
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Clean burn PS and grid. Daisy wheel, take apart, soak in soap solution and scrubb. REMOVE the thermostat!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    The last "clean burn" I did I was making pizza. Finished all my pies, pulled thermometer and let it rip. IMHO I can't see wasting lump just for a clean burn only. I make pizza @ 550F-700F so after pies are done it's nothing to hit atomic for clean up. That's just the way I do it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Put the DFMT right on the coals  - it gets red hot, but won't be harmed.  i think I took the little wire handle off just to be sure when I did mine.  Season as soon as it comes out with spray Pam.  It'll be back to black and good as new.  I had a pic somewhere...

edit

i was wrong, I left the wire on...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!