Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and feathers

Options
I love wings, but cannot stand to eat the ones with the little feathers clinging to the skin on the second joint.  Just a personal issue, but is there an easy way to remove them before cooking?  I generally just purchase the "drummy" parts which don't seem to have them as much,  but sometimes those are not available.  Any help for a fool with a phobia? 
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Pull them out before cooking- use tweezers if you can't get a good grip
    Greensboro, NC
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Tweezers work, another suggestion is pick up a pair of stainless needle nose pliers to use in the kitchen, works for de-feathering poultry and pulling needle bones in fish.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    torch them

Beaufort, SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yep needle nose pliers are your friend. I have a small mallet,  tweezers,  and pliers dedicated for kitchen use. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bettysnephew
    There are 2 ways that I use.
    1. A pair of catfish skinning pliers. Works fast and easy. Also they are exellent for removing the membrane on ribs.
    2. A very small propane or mapp torch. Then a quick rinse under cold water.

Hope this helps my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.