Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kick ash basket

2»

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Irv, I'm glad you took the basket out of the Egg to shake, in the second video!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    And I just ordered one too, this will make cleaning the ash out that falls through during the cook so much easier.  Thanks!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Hankyorke said:
    I thought we had a no spam policy around here???
    I don't think someone letting us know about their BGE related product is spamming. Its not being shoved down out throats in every other thread. This doesn't seem any different to me than discussing their charcoal, gaskets, or transportation options. I have no problem with someone discussing their product or seeking feedback for something related to the BGE on this forum, as others have done.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Irv
    Irv Posts: 8
    Hey SmokeyPitt.....thanks for the comment.  I don't mean to be a spammer or whatever.......just trying to share an idea and hear concerns and questions to make a great product to help make an even better grilling Eggsperience.

As for the Grate Kick Ash Basket idea......I think that would work and I'm currently running my Lager BGE like that.  Maybe the next model should have larger diameter bottom wires to withstand heat better without warping.

Have a Kick Ash Sunday!  Chad aka. "Irv" on here.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    cazzy said:

Hankyorke said:

I thought we had a no spam policy around here???

Are you saying you want to kick his ash off the forum for being a spammer?
    Only if it comes with a T-shirt. Bwhahaha
    >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • egger911
    egger911 Posts: 39
    Just ordered mine.  I don't consider info on products like this spam. Just info on a new product that may, or may not appeal to you. I was glad for the info
    Large BGE, Weber Summit, Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Kettle, Offset Smoker, and a 1974 Smokey Joe. (Love that Egg, should have got it earlier.) Moorpark, (Southern) California 93021
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Going to order one
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • egger911
    egger911 Posts: 39
    Got mine on Wednesday, cooked onThursday, cleaned up on Friday morning. Soooo easy to use! Thanks to all for this info. Never would have known about this product without this forum. I know you don't NEED this, but it sure is nice to have.
    Large BGE, Weber Summit, Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Kettle, Offset Smoker, and a 1974 Smokey Joe. (Love that Egg, should have got it earlier.) Moorpark, (Southern) California 93021
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    I've had one of these for a few months and use it in my XL. It works like a lump reducer for shorter cooks and makes it a breeze to clean up. Great idea, @Irv‌ !
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • Ordered one Tuesday it arrived this afternoon. I will agree this is unnecessary but so is a lot of things like an adjustable rig there is a lot of ways to raise the grate just none as convenient as an adjustable rig. I honestly think it will mark cleaning out the egg easier and look forward to using mine.
    Lexington TN
  • Botch
    @Irv:  There's a fantastic feature to this thing that you're not even mentioning: the basket is large enough that it also covers the upper vent holes (the holes in the ceramic).  Those holes are always getting clogged for me, and it's not always easy to even know they are clogged.  It looks like they'll clog much less with the narrower basket gaps protecting them, plus if they do clog its easy to notice when you pull out the unburned lump.  That rocks!  
    My St. Louis spareribs should be done in a couple more hours!   

• awm
    awm Posts: 181
    This would be perfect for the small. The large isnt to hard to clean.... the small well thats another story
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186

The small is a PIA to clean out..

I'll buy one for my small from who ever has one for sell first...

Ceramic Grill Store or Kickash

• awm
    awm Posts: 181

The small is a PIA to clean out..

I'll buy one for my small from who ever has one for sell first...

Ceramic Grill Store or Kickash

Im with you on that one...
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    I just ordered one . It looks great for those times when you want a quick cool down of your egg when the bad weather is moving in .Yes I am anal about keeping my Egg covered . It will give me a lot more flexibility about doing cooks on those iffy weather times . Just pull the hot coals and pour them into my ash pail with cover .Coals go out in minutes and egg cools down fast  .What more could I (or anyone who is as nuts as I am about keeping egg covered ),ask for?