Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ BBQ Guru

Options
I am interested in the Green Egg DigiQ for my large Green Egg but seen some reviews that said to install it if your egg is in a nest then you have to lift it out of the nest. Is this correct? Anyone have a photo of it installed on a large w/nest? Thanks

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Its attaches and removes
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You don't need to remove your egg from nest. No problem installing/removing with it in nest.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JimS
    JimS Posts: 78
    Options
    you do not have to remove the sliding ash door? If not  Will probably get one. must have read a review  that someone didn't know what they were talking about.
  • DMW
    Options
    Nope, you just slide it open, insert adapter plate, slide it closed against adapter plate.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    +1 for what @DMW says.  I have a partyQ and that's exactly how I install it (will be doing it tomorrow for a pork butt).
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • JimS
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was about to save some money and avoid the wrath of the lady of the house. Now I will have to withstand both.
  • THE DRU
    Options
    Get the Digi Q, feed her good food, all is well!

Versailles, KY

XL, Lg, MM, Performer, Q

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

Am I allowed to ask which model would be best for an XL ???

I know this could be another Pandora's Box as someone on the forum said one time (@henapple).

Just askin'

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• dldawes1
    Options
    I might have to run down to Bluegrass Grills and see if they have one  !!!!!!!

• DMW
    Options
    @dldawes1 I have a PartyQ and it works fine for holding temp on my XL. The PartyQ has a 6.5cfm fan, so it's a bit small if it needed to correct temp quickly. The recommended fan size for an XL from DigiQ is 10 cfm. However if I was going to spend more, I think I would get a Stoker from RocksBBQ.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• dldawes1
    Options

@DMW.....thanks,

I haven't started researching yet, so I don't know anything at all about them yet. I may even build one/ put one together myself. I have all the components but I don't know which brand/model/style to use for specs and a template.

Just curious,

Donnie

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I hope I'm not stating the obvious here but the "big green egg" version of the digiq is more expensive than bbq guru digiq. Or maybe I'm wrong. I use the party q for my large. It works great as long as someone doesn't steal the batteries for their Xbox. I only use it for overnights. Paired with the maverick it works for me.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• JimS
    Options
    DMW, just looked in on your website. Some awesome cooks but I am curious to know where Morgantown Pa is? Was stationed in Pa. on recruiting duty  and my wife is from Williamsport. I was an area supervisor and covered 13 counties in north central Pa. then 11 counties in south central Pa. Based in Carlilse then. But never encountered morgantown. Morgantown WV. yes but no Pa..
  • DMW
    Options
    JimS said:

DMW, just looked in on your website. Some awesome cooks but I am curious to know where Morgantown Pa is? Was stationed in Pa. on recruiting duty  and my wife is from Williamsport. I was an area supervisor and covered 13 counties in north central Pa. then 11 counties in south central Pa. Based in Carlilse then. But never encountered morgantown. Morgantown WV. yes but no Pa..

Morgantown is on the PA turnpike between Philadelphia and Harrisburg. Not much going on here, some farms and lots of developments for the commuters.

Thanks for looking.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA