Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Does your dog like your cooking?

In honor of Cazzy.
Justin in Denton, TX

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 23,996
    My dog is about the only one that likes my cooking. Thats why I quit competing.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 955
    Only if it has cheese on it!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,817
    Sure do! It all started the first time a finished pizza slipped off my peel and landed on the dirty deck!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • I know they like bacon for sure.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    What do you think?

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    My dog always eats my chuck roast
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• BotchBotch Posts: 6,104
    I think my dogs preferred everything raw, when I spilled on my way OUT to the Egg... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • My dog loves when I fire up the egg.. He has actually licked it..3 times.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,104
    cazzy said:
    What do you think?

Haven't seen that in awhile, absolutely Classic!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    Dogs? By that term do you mean my professional clean up crew?

L, M, S, &  Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,959
    My dog has never had anything off of the egg and likely never will. I don't let her mooch.
  • @RRP my westie only gets to watch the Scottie in the house do all the cleaning
    Lexington TN
  • thats a asinine  question my dogs will eat anything good bad or indefferent that being said the obvious answer is yes !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    @RRP my westie only gets to watch the Scottie in the house do all the cleaning

LOL - our guys cut the 3 second rule to ZIP! "if it hits the floor it is OURS!!!"

L, M, S, &  Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • tkleagertkleager Posts: 539
    That's how we test the quality of hot dogs.  Grill them up, throw the first one to the dog.  Depending on how long he licks himself after is how good the hot dog is.

My labs love when I do shoulders and ribs.  They get all the bones with any left scraps, and trimmed fat.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,521
    Who chanel? Yea, she loves everything I make. Tiny even more so. Eve, not pictured.. loves all semi edible food so she isn't used as a judge.
  • The dog is my biggest fan.  She goes crazy for smoked food, especially salmon (her favorite).  She will lick the platesetter, grid, cutting board, you name it.  If it has/had a protein from the egg on it, she is all about it.
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 360
    I gave my dog a piece of chicken that I over smoked one time. He ate it then licked his anus trying to get the taste out of his mouth.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,656

My dogs don't get much food from the Egg. Maybe a bite or two here and there. When you have a German Shepherd with EPI, you really don't want to take the risk of upsetting their stomach and having to clean up "accidents" in the house. I joke that my dog is so "hip", that he's now gone gluten free and grain free like all the other hipsters and trend followers. All that being said, they both keep a close eye for any food that might be dropped between the kitchen and the Egg or vice versa

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 2,139
    I'm bigger and faster than my Yorkie,,,,she doesn't get a chance to eat anything from the egg !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• LitLit Posts: 6,847
    Dont have a dog but I do have a BBQ fan.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    She do.... image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Mine counter surfs it before it gets cooked mostly

Steve 

Caledon, ON