Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

goko gyuto

forums too slow today :)) looking at this knife from chefskifestogo. any one have one

Click to Close

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,845
    I have one with similar geometry from Mark but the one you posted is almost 0.5 mm thinner at the spine and a STEAL for 99 bucks. Mine is Uddeholm Swedish steel. I think that the goko is Sandvik     steel(still Swedish).  
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 975
    I have two Shuns – a chef's knife and an all-purpose knife – that I adore. Gifts from my husband. I hardly use the German knives anymore. (Ignore the price on the chef's knife; my husband paid at least $100 less.)
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • LitLit Posts: 6,718
    Man if it was just 210mm. I have been looking to upgrade my tojiro.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,024
    Lit said:
    Man if it was just 210mm. I have been looking to upgrade my tojiro.

they had the 210 but its now out of stock. i bought the 240
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,962
    I'm not sure what millimeter it is but it gets me by
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Too pretty to use $-)
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,024
    had it a week now, absolutly the sharpest knife out of the box ive ever owned
    For that price, I may need to sneak it by SWMBO. Maybe I'll give it to her as a gift since I have that size already.
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 776

Just when I thought it was safe to go outside...  I haven't had anything delivered for over a week - and you had to post that.  And now they have the 210mm version in stock.  Done and Done...

Santa Paula, CA
    tksmoke said:

Just when I thought it was safe to go outside...  I haven't had anything delivered for over a week - and you had to post that.  And now they have the 210mm version in stock.  Done and Done...

Oh snap. I'm on it!