Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken Thighs

Cooked some spicy lemon paprika chicken thighs. This was my second cook and the wife thinks I should win an award. They were much tastier than the pic gives them justice.

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 23,610
    Fine job sir!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • that sounds like a hell of a good flavor combo
    Gordon
    South Florida
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,616
    Looking good, Sir. Second cook you say? Are you hooked yet? Have you been bitten by the bug? Keep posting up pics of your cooks for us to enjoy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Oh yeah I am hooked. I haven't been able to cook chicken that moist before. It hasn't been too difficult to hit and hold target temperatures. I expected a lot more trouble but as many videos and forum material I've read it has been pretty relaxed fun. Yeah that was my second cook. Basically all are meals are egg based this week. 70's down here in Alabama so beer and grilling weather.
  • Steaks indirect then seared between fire ring and box with mashed cauliflower and roasted mushrooms.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,498
    edited February 2014
    Is that the thermapop?
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,966
    Where in bama?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,969
    Nice cooks! Would love to hear more about the chicken.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BYS1981 said:

Is that the thermapop?

It is a thermopop. Like it so far.
  • henapple said:

Where in bama?

Auburn
  • caliking said:

Nice cooks! Would love to hear more about the chicken.

This is the recipe for the rub. It was something my wife recommended that sounded good. Cooked at around 415 for 30 minutes and turned once about half way through. Pulled them at 180 degrees.

SPICY LEMON PAPRIKA CHICKEN THIGHS

2 lbs. organic chicken thighs, skin on
    2 tbsp paprika
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    2 tsps cayenne power ( I did half cayenne and half chili powder prob closer to 3-4 tsps but I don't typical measure)
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground pepper
    Zest and juice of one lemon
    ¼ cup organic olive oil

Mix everything in a bowl and marinate for about 15-30 min. You can do longer but I didn't see a need and they were full of flavor.