Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Valentines Braised Short Ribs

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking all week that I was going to make filet and lobster till I went into the freezer and found these short ribs. I made a batch a few years ago before I was an egg owner and they blew me away. I hijacked @griffin recipe on his website http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/braised-short-ribs-in-a-red-wine-sauce-on-creamy-polenta/ but did some minor changes. I started my cook yesterday and seaerd the ribs with DP Red Eye. I added all ingredient that he called out and let it cook for a few hours. I took it off the egg and let it cool down and put it in my fridge overnight.

Started today around 3pm and got the egg up to 325, I added 3 cans of beef broth and put it on indirect. Took it off around 530 and pulled the meat out and then puréed all the veggies. I added some mushrooms and put the meat and sauce back in the pot. Let it cook for another 30 min while I prepped everything else. 
  Poured a bottle of 2008 Groth Cabernet and enjoyed. The wife was very pleased. And yes I did use my LC on this cook and broke the knob when I dropped the lid in the kitchen. That's 12 Bucks
imageimageimage

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,943
    That looks great, but please don't stack my food.  (It's not you, it's me)
    NOLA
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    buzd504 said:
    That looks great, but please don't stack my food.  (It's not you, it's me)

Either do I, that was a first for me, I wanted a cool presentation.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• jhl192jhl192 Posts: 998
    Stacking those asparagras kept you from getting chopped! Looks great!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 949
    Look awesome!
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    Beautiful! Very nice photos also.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,776
    Great looking food. The asparagus are so vibrant!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    cazzy said:
    Great looking food. The asparagus are so vibrant!!

Thanks bud, I actually steamed them tonight. The wife was angry when she saw me steaming them and after the first bite she apologized. Been along time since I steamed anything, and used no seasoning at all. It was actually really nice to taste the vegetable as it is meant to be.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,479
    edited February 2014
    I'm in for that!!  Nicely done sir!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,077
    Nice cook! And beautiful plating too. I put a Le Creuset knob on my Tramontina DO so it could feel fancy :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.