Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think Spring is here..

Options
87 degrees. This is nuts. We had 35 for a high three days ago. Probably means 50 days at 100 or higher this summer.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• _BR_
    _BR_ Posts: 42
    Options
    High 80's here in So Cal.  Winter completely skipped us this time around. How I long for a rainy day.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It hit 40* here this afternoon. 3-5" of snow overnight tonight and high of 28* tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    -30C (-22F) a few days ago, we are now at -4C (25F), I'll probably dig the shorts out this weekend. Just a warm snap though, we are still a ways from any spring temps.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little Steven
    Options
    -30C (-22F) a few days ago, we are now at -4C (25F), I'll probably dig the shorts out this weekend. Just a warm snap though, we are still a ways from any spring temps.
    We broke through the freeze point at the office today but at home it was colder than you.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I think spring skipped us.....we're back into winter.....6 new inches this evening. I heard we're expecting about 8 degrees for in the morning.  Hope this brisket gets finished before too long....I'm in 4.5 hrs right now.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We had snow on the ground this morning in north Georgia and it was 60 when I got in my car at 5pm today.
  • Texansurf
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    87 degrees. This is nuts. We had 35 for a high three days ago. Probably means 50 days at 100 or higher this summer.

This is all normal weather for South Texas, and a cooler winter makes better peach crop. 
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    But will the Reds be running by Easter? Hoping to have a substantial batch to stick on cedar planks in my egg. Will be at Goose Island wadefishing Easter weekend. Would like to leave the waders behind.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Coastalcooker
    Options
    GQuiz
    Hope so on GA coast. We call them stag bass when large and spot tail when small. Window in GA is 14-23 inches, so the biggies near shore soon have to go back.
    Wednesday is predicted for 75 high and 55 low so it seems like spring, but I still see at least the pre-Easter cold snap we always get.
    Now warm on the coast but about to blow away in the gale.
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE