Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snowed in, so why not make Brunswick Stew?

Options
Long time, no post... I have been slammed at work lately. Now that I am snowed in, I am getting some long overdue cooking in! I was lazy and decided to cook this stew indoors (egg was froze shut and like I said I was LAZY), but the pulled pork was done on the egg this past weekend...  :D

All the ingredients lined up:

Adding the pork:

And, in the bowl with a little cheese on top:

Thanks for looking and stay warm!
SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    It has been YEARS since I've had Brunswick Stew. Probably not since I moved out of NC long ago. Might be time to cook up a pot. Yours looks delicious!! Thanks for posting!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great!  I have some pulled pork in the freezer, so I think I might make up a batch myself.  With all the cold weather we have been on a chili kick in my house, so this might be a nice change of pace. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,475
    Options
    It has been YEARS since I've had Brunswick Stew. 

Same here, and I'm just starting a 4-day weekend with no ideas what to cook (besides huevos rancheros for breakfasts).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    I will take a bowl.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Botch said:
    Same here, and I'm just starting a 4-day weekend with no ideas what to cook (besides huevos rancheros for breakfasts).  
    Got any squirrel?  :D

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cp90
    cp90 Posts: 16
    Options
    that looks so good!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Never made it before but after this post I made a bunch last night. Everyone loved it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options

Update, I took about a gallon of it in to work today and it disappeared and there were only five guys and two girls there today.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Killer! glad I could provide a little inspiration... :)

• Little Steven
    Options
    Thanks for that....BTW I didn't get any :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mclayborn79
    Options
    What is the exact recipe? Been looking for a good brunswick. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I don't think it's all that critical. I used two bbq chickens, a smoked picnic, a pound of pulled pork, a couple of pounds of leftover flap, a pound of hot sausage, three cans of tomatoes, a garlic bud, a bottle of bloody Caesar, three cans of lima beans, two of white kidney beans, a can of mixed beans, two beers, two cans of creamed corn, a half a bag of frozen corn, about twenty okra, three large onions, four stalks of celery, three big carrots, two red peppers, a cup of ketchup, two cups of habanero bbq sauce, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire, a whole bottle of crystal hot sauce and some cayenne. I probably forgot some stuff but I think you get my point.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, you made something else.  :))

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    I forgot the herbs. Shoot me. I'm a small man who has big pots

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Options
    Mine was really just a mix of what I had available (I didn't take a single measurement)... For the base, I used a can of chicken broth and tomato sauce, then added spices and ingredients to taste. I used corn in this batch, but I prefer hominy. Everything I used is in the pictures above. Good luck!