Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Cover

Options
What brand cover do you all use? I have been purchasing a universal brinkman from Home Depot for less than 30 bucks and it fits great; however the cover does not last very ling ans I have also had an issue this year with the dog deciding to chew up two of my covers. Is there a relatively inexpensive cover that will last in the intense summer UV rays?

Comments

• 30yearegger
    Options
    Try Lowes look for the Akorn cover made for their BGE knockoff. The price is about 35 but it fit my large and nest down to the wheels.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • jamco
    jamco Posts: 13
    Options
    Check out duckcovers.com .  I found that on this forum and have been pleased with the cover for my large table.  $55 w/ shipping.  I've only had for 1 month, so it hasn't been tested under a blazing sun yet.
  • AUdentite
    Options
    I bought a cheap Weber cover from Wal Mart.  It fits my large BGE and nest pretty well and has held up thus far (only had for 1 year though).  Think I paid $25-30 for it.
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    I got one from the coverstore.com . So far so good.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I have used the same BGE cover for years. The printed logo is worn off and the Velcro is deteriorated, but other than that, like the day I got it.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    My first BGE cover from several years ago lasted about 3 years. I bought a new one last summer, much better quality than the past one. I think it was around $70, but it fits my large BGE and small table perfectly, and I expect it to last for years.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Justacookin
    Options
    not being smart here but if the dog is eating it sounds like what ever you buy will not last long. try a hefty construction grade bag.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    GK59 said:
    I got one from the coverstore.com . So far so good.
    I have one of these as well. A gift. Seems to be well made, very flexible, water and snow just slide off. That said, mine is almost 4 years old and I think I've used it 3-4 times. Just couldn't be bothered. And I suspect any cover, vented or not, will accelerate rusting of the metal parts.

But as justacookin said, if your dog is eating them, why bother? You don't need one anyway.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    I use it because the birds like to crap all over my table. Plus the table I made is kidney shaped . For me I've always covered after every use. Unless I'm to toasted and fall asleep.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited February 2014
    Options
    marcfed said:
    Is there a relatively inexpensive cover that will last in the intense summer UV rays?

My deck is heavily shaded in the summer months, but gets lots of UVL rays during the winter let alone the snow. During the summer I use a BGE cover which is now 10 years old and was one of their early unvented design covers. In the winter months though I use one of those silver colored CHEAP tarps that are UVL resistant. It is 10 x 12 and I only gave $8 for it! If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby they are even cheaper!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    not being smart here but if the dog is eating it sounds like what ever you buy will not last long. try a hefty construction grade bag.

or get rid of the dog.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • insaneh
    insaneh Posts: 112
    Options
    Picked up a charbroil cover for a standard grill. 15 bucks I think. Seems fairly heavy duty.
    It's not form fitting but it fits my cheap wallet.
    Dead smack in the middle of NH
  • marcfed
    Options
    I was leaning toward rid the dog and keep the egg protected haha....I'll keep the dog but if he does this again we are going to have a come to Jesus meeting