Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SuperBowl cook SCORE! with pics

Options

I finally pulled off a big cooked.  8# butt, mustard and Oakridge pork rub the night before.  Turbo @350 indirect with drip pan with apple cider vinegar. Foiled at 165, then FTC around 200 at about the 5 1/2 hour mark. FTC for 2 hours in a preheated cooler.  Perfection.

Oh, made ABTs the night before too.  Mixed cream cheese, sharp cheddar and cooked Chorizo. The stickiness of cream cheese held things together nicely while making.  Bacon wrapped.

Once the butt was foiled I threw on a small pork tenderloin and 2 lb piece of chuck roast I in the freezer.  This was going into @Ddubya's Jawja Brunswick stew.  I used hot NC vinegar BBQ sauce and Sweet Baby Ray's, otherwise I followed his recipe pretty closely.   It was truly amazing.  Thanks @Ddubya.

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Oh, the best comment came from the SWMBO of my best friend. She is a militant vegan.  Friend took some 'cue home for his son right after I pulled it hot. She commented, "the smell is making my mouth water."   SCORE! I gotta vegan, umm, moist.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,346
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @JethroVA-welcome aboard and great cooks...gotta love the "close score with the vegan..." Now you have the ultimate challenge...I'm sure over time you can get her over to the dark side...she obviously went away from the dark side before she ever eggsperienced any BGE food. That adventure will be fun...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice. Does she like the meat more or the bone? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,346
    Options
    @caliking- Yes is the answer :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I asked. My friend says she likes bone.