Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Deboned Chicken

Carolina Q started this topic a couple days back that inspired me to try deboning a chicken again.

It made it so much easier than I remembered, with the key difference being how little he used the knife.   You could start the egg, go in and debone before it is time to adjust the vents.

Really quick and easy way to put something out there that will impress the guests in a hurry.  Took less than an hour at 400 indirect to cook as well!

imageimage

New Brunswick, Canada

Comments

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,519
    Is that a whole chicken?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • BigWingsBigWings Posts: 156
    Yup.  Not a bone in it, and not a bit of meat wasted.  Looks like there are no wings but they kind of got turned inside out.  I might stuff them next time.  Boneless chicken wings, the right way!

This was almost an afterthought so I didn't have much for stuffing.  Next time I'll go with an old fave - Pecan and Italian sausage.

New Brunswick, Canada

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,525
    That is AWESOME!! Both the fact that you tried it as well as your execution! Looks wonderful!! Glad I had a hand, however minor, in nudging someone to give it a shot. One of these days, maybe even I will try. :)

Excellent work!

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,927
    That looks great.  I don't think I could make one look quite that pretty! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

edited February 2014
    That is AWESOME!! Both the fact that you tried it as well as your execution! Looks wonderful!! Glad I had a hand, however minor, in nudging someone to give it a shot. One of these days, maybe even I will try. :)

Excellent work!
    You played a big role, if you hadn't made that post I would most definitely not have eaten this fine meal!

New Brunswick, Canada

• HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,714
    ^:)^  =D>

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• LooperLooper Posts: 44

I've got to try that!

• chashanschashans Posts: 418
    Nice job!  It is now on my bucket list.

LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

I just realized something. I cooked it upside down!

New Brunswick, Canada

• pineypiney Posts: 1,020
    Thanks BigWings, I will try that!! Bookmarked.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    BigWings said:
    The chicken or you? Just wonderin'.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Very nice!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,519
    anyone know if raised direct would work well with a stuffed chicken like this? 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!

BigWings said:

The chicken or you? Just wonderin'.

I think it would likely work. Time on each side might differ given the quantity of meat differs but I'm sure it could be done.

New Brunswick, Canada