Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

44 Days to Salado Reminder

Options

I like using 'round numbers.' It's something I learned in grade school when I was taking cipher'n. But I pretty much forgot all I learned about them except they must be 'round' and are probably 'pretty' because I liked 'em so much.

Today's count 'em down numbers aren't round, they're pointy, but they are kinda cute. And they're exactly how many days left to Salado.

Yep... 44 days and counting.

That means by now you will have started thinking about what to bring, what to cook, where to stay, who to bring, which route to take, how much cash is needed, getting someone to feed the dog, and so on.

Oh!!! and to register...

And once you have all this thought through you can relax as you begin to assemble the plan.

First thing on the list is to REGISTER on line so you won't have to stand in that really, really long line to get up to the registration table.

It's so easy to do now that within seconds after reading this reminder you can be done with registering once and for all.

It's not like we're charging you to register or to attend or to cook. We just want to know how many people to expect, how many plan to cook, and how we can get in touch should things change. No, we don't share your registration with Google or Amazon or terrorists or politicians. Besides, they probably have all the information about you they need.

Registration Operators are standing by. Actually, sitting by in my PJ's drinking my third cup of coffee and waiting for the action to start.

Go here to Register:

http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/

You're welcome.

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I am told that Inn on the Creek has had one King open up. Last room at host hotel.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    @mickey Are you gonna send an invite to Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly? He writes about Salado and your gathering will require a domed stadium... The Mickeydome. Got a ring to it.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Mickey
    Options
    GQuiz said:
    @mickey Are you gonna send an invite to Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly? He writes about Salado and your gathering will require a domed stadium... The Mickeydome. Got a ring to it.
    Good idea on the invite, not so much on the domed stadium
    :-?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    edited January 2014
    Options

GQuiz.... Brilliant idea, and the covered pavilion will henceforth be called The Mickeydome, at least in Salado Eggfest related matters.

You get an Attaboy for that one.

And here's the link to Daniel Vaughn's qualifications: 

http://www.texasmonthly.com/we-have-barbecue-editor

Spring "Free Attaboy's For Good Ideas" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I think I'm coming down and bringing the SWMBO and a couple of foodie friends.  Probably won't register til 30 days to go once I get a final headcount......since I don't know ya'll that well and I'll have a posse (hopefully) we'll probably drive in and drive out...just sayin'
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    When you get there you'll wanna stay for the after party. ..Trust me. Great food and folks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    henapple said:
    When you get there you'll wanna stay for the after party. ..Trust me. Great food and folks.
    I hear onewears lots of clothing bacon at these parties?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    EVERYTHING is wrapped in bacon. .. >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Angus1978 be sure to arrive early friday afternoon.  There is a pre party on friday nite.  It doesn't get a lively as the post party but still loads of fun.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    if we leave @henapple out in the sun long enough, his bacon Speedo may get crispy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

Hey caliking.  I saw where caliprince has arrived and is wanting to go to Salado.  We'll make him a name badge.  I hope he enjoys his first Eggfest.  Congratulations...

• Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    if we leave @henapple out in the sun long enough, his bacon Speedo may get crispy. 
    by 10:30 Friday and Saturday nights henapple is CRISPYX_X

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Hey caliking.  I saw where caliprince has arrived and is wanting to go to Salado.  We'll make him a name badge.  I hope he enjoys his first Eggfest.  Congratulations...

Thanks Mr. Chicken. He's excited about it and has been staying up late planning his Salado cook.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.