Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wokking on the egg

Options
Got a carbon steel wok for christmas from the Wok Shop and it has been awesome so far. Seasoned it according to the instructions and the first cook was stir fry with rice noodles. Wasn't a great as I was expecting and I did have a little sticking. Put another couple coats of seasoning on it and did chicken fried rice last night on it. It was amazing. No sticking, great flavor and so much fun. I think it will be a sunday night staple in my house because today's lunch was even better.

I know i know, pics or it didnt happen. Well its hard to wok and picutre at the same time and it was gone before i could take any inside.

One question thought... i have welding gloves, but its still too hot to carry in doors when Im done and ready to serve. Any suggestions?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited January 2014
    Options
    What I'd do is I would bring a serving bowl and dump the finished product into it. The main reason I would not bring the wok into the house is god forbid one of my children touched the wok. The secondary reason, if the wok is still hot technicality it would be still cooking the food.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Plate outside.  Throw some water in the hot wok and clean then set aside to cool.  We do that for out CI and woks.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    I got a Wok too from them, likely the same carbon steel one...love it.  Now well seasoned and works like a champ.  I have an old lid from a steel milk jug (the cap is 5" diameter with a flat top) and I put the wok on that outside to cool off.  Dump the food into a bowl and bring it in...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • insaneh
    insaneh Posts: 112
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Put some dragon emblems on the side and Kwai Chang Caine that puppy into the house. :D
    Dead smack in the middle of NH