Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

wokking on the egg

Got a carbon steel wok for christmas from the Wok Shop and it has been awesome so far. Seasoned it according to the instructions and the first cook was stir fry with rice noodles. Wasn't a great as I was expecting and I did have a little sticking. Put another couple coats of seasoning on it and did chicken fried rice last night on it. It was amazing. No sticking, great flavor and so much fun. I think it will be a sunday night staple in my house because today's lunch was even better.

I know i know, pics or it didnt happen. Well its hard to wok and picutre at the same time and it was gone before i could take any inside.

One question thought... i have welding gloves, but its still too hot to carry in doors when Im done and ready to serve. Any suggestions?
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,172
    edited January 2014
    What I'd do is I would bring a serving bowl and dump the finished product into it. The main reason I would not bring the wok into the house is god forbid one of my children touched the wok. The secondary reason, if the wok is still hot technicality it would be still cooking the food.
  • Plate outside.  Throw some water in the hot wok and clean then set aside to cool.  We do that for out CI and woks.
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 260
    I got a Wok too from them, likely the same carbon steel it.  Now well seasoned and works like a champ.  I have an old lid from a steel milk jug (the cap is 5" diameter with a flat top) and I put the wok on that outside to cool off.  Dump the food into a bowl and bring it in...

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • insanehinsaneh Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Put some dragon emblems on the side and Kwai Chang Caine that puppy into the house. :D
    Dead smack in the middle of NH