Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Beer again...pic thread!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @tjosborne, do you ever get any 120 minute IPA out your way?
    By Dogfish Head? Nope. I order a lot of beer over holidays while holidaywinecellar offers free shipping. DFH does not distribute in NE, unfortunately. So much great beer out there, and NE doesn't get even a tenth of it. Depressing, it just drives me to drink more.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tying again. @canman you may recognize a couple of these.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Gmac Didn't realize you were at my house last night too...ya didn't even say hi:)
    That tank house is good stuff and so is the mad Tom IPA . I had the cream ale as well by Muskoka and it's gooood :)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • lecrams
    lecrams Posts: 116
    Options
    Just enjoyed my first one (ever) of these bad boys last night. It was damn yummy!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I had a good amount of yuenglings and Sam Adams last night. Juniper IPA was tasty and the Cherry Chocolate Bock was really good. Tasted like a cherry cordial if you don't mind sweet beer.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    Any of you guys on UNTAPPD? Great app for tracking beers you have had, earn badges for drinking different kinds, places, etc. I started using it in August 2013, I've had 381 different beers since I've started using it.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    edited February 2014
    Options

Drinking some Hopslam and BCBS while I'm brewing/smoking today..

Wish it wasn't Sunday!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sour Sunday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Bill_Swerski
    Options
    Zombie Dust for me.  best beer ever made, IMO.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Ok, where can I get that? Is it available in the southeast anywhere?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Bill_Swerski
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Ok, where can I get that? Is it available in the southeast anywhere?
    unfortunately not.  you can only get it around Chicago, and even here, it's very tough to get.  the owners aren't interested enough in money to expand production/distribution much anytime soon.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    And another one:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tough getting micros in Utah but I can pick up new Belgium about an hour away always grab some of that when I'm there today it is

imageimage
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I really like the 1554. This is what I'm drinking, not the greatest beer I've had recently (that would be the Allagash Curieux I had Thursday) but it is solid and it provides a little nostalgia for me.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Gmac Didn't realize you were at my house last night too...ya didn't even say hi:) That tank house is good stuff and so is the mad Tom IPA . I had the cream ale as well by Muskoka and it's gooood :)
    I've loved Muskoka Cream Ale for years now.  I make a passable but admittedly not perfect clone of it but I do buy a bunch when I go somewhere that I need to take beer.
    Have you tried Boneshaker IPA from Amsterdam?  Not sure how far East they distribute but its a nicely balanced IPA that I like quite a bit too.  It's my other choice for store-bought IPAs.  (Well, Bell's 2-Hearted Ale is my favourite but you can't get it in Canada so it's a rare treat).
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I had a couple "new to me" beers this weekend that were really good:
    And

Man YEMTrey that beer is supposed to be awesome.....watched alot of youtube reviews latlely and that one is supposed to be spot on...wanna trade??? :D

Victory is about 3-4 miles from my house. Love it all.  Their Storm King Stout  (cask) is my favorite though.

... yes, I have walked home from there several times. But one night, a cop gave me a ride after he saw me walking home on a cold night. He wanted to know why I was out walking.  I told him, and he gave me a ride home. I asked him to put on the lights, but he wouldn't.  I did find out his favorite is the Jamaican jerk sandwich with their golden monkey brew though.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.