Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye Fiorentina with Sauted Spinach & Kale and Fresh Berries

This turned out to be one of the best steaks we've had in ages, and the sautéed spinach and kale was fantastic.

I tried a variation of the reverse sear on the steaks: for the first part of the cook I did raised direct instead of indirect, then as usual went to a much lower cast iron grate to finish up. Worked great and much quicker; I will use this method going forward.

The spinach was super easy: heated EVOO in a pan, added garlic, cooked until it just started to brown, added the kale and spinach and cooked until in started to wilt; removed to a bowl and added lemon juice and zest. Super easy and great, and a nice contrast to the richness of the steak.

The steaks were also fairly simple: I put fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, plus salt and pepper, in a small dish with some WVOO; let sit 30 minutes; and then rubbed into the steaks one hour before I put them on the Egg.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments