Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central Texas BBQ Tour

Options
124»

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Sweet article

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• andres1987
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I'm really surprised you didn't like JMMC better, as that is my favorite overall. I have not eaten at La Barbeque and never plan to since they were defaming John Mueller. Love Franklin brisket, but I can't do those waits unless someone else stands in line and I just show up.
    I liked it but it wasn't better than LABBQ or Franklin.  If I only had JMMC, I would probably love it as much as you do.  I would be hard pressed calling something my favorite overall if I didn't experience all ATX has to offer. 

In regards to the defaming comment.  There is a lot of history in that family and multiple sources have said John has burned several of the Muellers for a lot of money...even his dad.  I have a brother who got me for a lot of money, so I totally get it.  I think you need to put yourself in the owners shoes (LeAnn) and understand that she had every right to do what was best for her business.  La Barbecue's popularity shows that she 100% made the right decision.  She gave him an opportunity and he screwed it up...again.  Don't worry about the drama, cause you'll miss out on all the great BBQ all the family is putting out.  Wayne at Louie Miller hates his brother, do you not go there too?  You can also look at it this way, John Lewis makes the BBQ at La Barbecue and he has nothing to do with that drama.

If you still can't stomach going to La Barbecue, I highly suggest doing Franklin once.  You're missing out on some incredible BBQ.  Totally worth the wait!
    i've been to franklin tons of times. I actually started going the first month he opened with his trailer. Now that lines are insane, I haven't gone as often as I used to. I actually went earlier this month because a friend had the day off and he was willing to stand in line. 
    Austin, Texas
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Great write up. I am dying to go to Franklin's. As a Texan I am little embarrassed to say I have not been to any of the Lockhart places. My best experience so far has been at City Market in Luling. The brisket was good, but the ribs and sausage were the best I have ever had.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Lol I really shouldn't be this excited about this...lmao

Aaron Franklin and Benji like my pic and want a print. Maybe they're just being nice so yall will have to let me know if you see it at Franklin BBQ. Lol

I'm going with a Alumnyzed Metal Print!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'll let you know around the Ides of March when I'm at Franklin's to pickup carryout.